I see that a lot of people use Nova. But when I have tried at a few times, I don't see a lot of difference. I want to change the theme on my G4 but I am on Verizon so I lost that option.... I am looking to change icons, backgrounds, etc, all with one theme, and I want to have notification counters that work on my apps. Loves some of the themes available on Go Launcher, but no notification counter, so not cool. And maybe I don't understand what a launcher should do?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-28-2015 02:10 PM
    Get Nova pro and for unread badges get tesla unread. That's the set up I have on my G4 and they work perfectly. I like Nova for the gestures and shortcuts, the unread counts, and using icon packs. All phones before this one wouldn't let you change them in the stock launcher so I bought Nova. And now I just continue to use it
    Rukbat and richs10 like this.
    06-28-2015 02:15 PM
    You can get tesla unread here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oilsw.notifier

Then setup in Nova

Sent from my Verizon LG G4
    06-28-2015 02:25 PM
    There aren't themes that will change icons plus background at the same time ,but you can change icons with icon packs from the play store. Just search for "Nova icons".

Background you can change it to whatever you like in the settings

Sent from my Verizon LG G4
    06-28-2015 02:28 PM
    I can also recommend going for the paid version of Nova so that you can use gestures. How I use gestures:

• I use an app called "Screen Off and Lock" and then use the double-tap gesture to lock the screen by tapping in a "blank" area of the screen.
    • Two finger swipe up takes me to the app drawer.
    • Two finger swipe down takes me to system settings.

Other key benefits of Nova that you may want to take advantage of:

• Change the grid size on the home screens.
    • Hide little-used (system-ish) apps from the app drawer.
    • Resizable widgets -- this is probably my favourite feature of Nova.

I've never used "unread" counts because I typically leave several items in my mail, etc., unread.

I do, however, make use of large-size inbox (my 2 mail accounts) widgets. I use gmail, and I use "Nine" email as well for my work email; note that I use Nine email instead of the stock email app because the stock email app lacks a decent widget.
    Inders99 likes this.
    06-28-2015 02:38 PM
    The background is the wallpaper. There are theme packs that include icons and wallpaper, but you have to tap 2 buttons - one to change the icons, one to choose the wallpaper. (Some cone with only 1 wallpaper, but you still install them separately - you might like the icons and hate the wallpaper.) And for Nova, there are pages and pages of themes in the Play Store. The problem is deciding which ones you like best.
    06-28-2015 04:53 PM