LG G4 H811 from T-Mobile Sim Unlock

tsgillx

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

i have bought 2x H811 T-Mobile LG G4 phone. I live in Canada and its the only model of the LG G4 which would work with my carrier WindMobile here in Canada. Now iam kinda worried that i cannot unlock those phones for my carrier. One is a preview version and the app tries to communicate to the tmobile and devices is unkknow. Even T-Mobile does not know the IMEI number. Second one for my wife i was able to temporary unlock it for 30 days. Permanent unlock does not work.

I cannot find a service would unlock those h811 models at all because they do not prompt for the unlock. Even if i type in (i think) the #2945#*811# or but the code works with 815 version (please excuse dont remember the number,hash and code exactly dont have it with me)

anyone out there who can help??

Regards,
Trey

KJNaJ

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Assuming you paid full price for both of them, I believe T-Mobile should and can give you the permanent unlock codes after 40 days of purchase. As far as I know, the standard way of unlocking is to use a sim card from another carrier, and then you'll be prompted to enter the unlock code.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Assuming you paid full price for both of them, I believe T-Mobile should and can give you the permanent unlock codes
Not "should and can". "must" according to the law. And nmot in 40 days either - that was the old company policy. Now, since that policy conflicts with the law, it's no longer in effect. If it takes much longer than a week you can file a complaint with the FCC at FCC Complaints. They'd be issued a "show cause order" asking them to justify the delay (or pay a whopping fine - the only number the FCC knows is $10,000/day/violation). If their server crashed, or the non-US manufacturer caused the delay, that's okay - and you really can't fault TMobile for that. If it's "company policy" it's going to be an expensive one for them.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
They will ask proof of purchase that you paid in full. Did you buy directly from them or thru some third party. If it's the former then unlocking should be easy once you past the 40 day window.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

tsgillx

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Bought it over ebay and I have no tmobile sim card. One I was successful to unlock temporarily for 30 days. I am using it in canada. Will it a still alow me to permanent to unlock the phone without tmobile sim and in abroad Canada on a different carrier or do I have to be with tmobile net with sim once 40 days are reached?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's a grey area, since US law doesn't apply to you, so call TMobile and ask them nicely. (You should still have your receipt, have taken a picture of it, or be able to get a copy - they may want to see it.)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
OK but the guy who sold you on eBay took it on EIP instead of purchasing outright , T-Mobile is not going to unlock for you since it is still on a payment plan.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

tsgillx

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Ok

the LG G4 H811LB is Early Preview Edition with all the original tmobile software on it. You could will them and they are not assigned to any account.

The device unlock does not work it keeps saying device is unknown.
The IMEI number is not recognized on tmobiles imei checker. The result says device is unknow.
I called tmobile same answer there and they said its not a tmobile phone

The phone has all the original tmobile software on it also the all the apps. Even the box says tmobile but tmobile is denying it.

I just want the phone to get it unlocked. If just the network unlock code window would prompt up.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Probably because it isn't an officially consumer released device. Personally I would return it and buy an official tmobile version.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

tsgillx

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
thats sux.

so there is no way to unlock the phone at all ?

back with the s6 you could flash the metro pcs firmware. Nothing available this time?

Jerry Huynh

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the same exact problem as you do with the same descriptions on the phone. I bought my phone from my buddy who works for T-Mobile. My buddy won the phone as a prize and sold it to me. I have AT&T and have been trying to unlock my phone as well. No luck =/

Mike Hastings1

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
The pre-release model is near impossible to get unlocked. It is a T-mobile "sold" device as indicated by the first few numbers of the IMEI. All T-Mobile needs to do is to add the IMEI of the pre-release to the regular server and it will unlock. However, T-Mobile up to the Executive level refuses to simply add the IMEI to the server. T-mobile is able to remotely unlock the app on the G4 but maybe 1 out of 1000 T-Mobile tech support employees know how to do it. It's luck of the draw of which call center you get and how experienced the supervising techs are at that site, (your request will need to be escalated multiple times). I am sending my pre release G4 to LG in an attempt to have an unlocked phone returned, but I am not hopeful. T-mobile customer service gave up and told me that it shows as unlocked on their end, but my phone is still clearly locked.

I personally feel that making it this hard to unlock the phone is in clear violation of the new law. Even if it is a pre-release, it is still a device that is being offered on US soil, in which case it is subject to the same laws.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The pre-release model is near impossible to get unlocked. It is a T-mobile "sold" device as indicated by the first few numbers of the IMEI. All T-Mobile needs to do is to add the IMEI of the pre-release to the regular server and it will unlock. However, T-Mobile up to the Executive level refuses to simply add the IMEI to the server. T-mobile is able to remotely unlock the app on the G4 but maybe 1 out of 1000 T-Mobile tech support employees know how to do it. It's luck of the draw of which call center you get and how experienced the supervising techs are at that site, (your request will need to be escalated multiple times). I am sending my pre release G4 to LG in an attempt to have an unlocked phone returned, but I am not hopeful. T-mobile customer service gave up and told me that it shows as unlocked on their end, but my phone is still clearly locked.

I personally feel that making it this hard to unlock the phone is in clear violation of the new law. Even if it is a pre-release, it is still a device that is being offered on US soil, in which case it is subject to the same laws.

Do you mean the free preview phone they gave? I do find it odd they can't unlock it.

The new law I believe only holds if you bought the device.

Anna Yu2

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Try to install T-mobile device unlock app it is an Android app that allows you to request and apply a mobile device unlock directly from the device. The features of this app include the ability to remotely request Mobile Device Unlock without having to contact Customer Care and automatically apply the Mobile Device Unlock to the device without the use of a manual code.

LiamNg

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I have one of those, brand new T-Mobile LG G4, sold to me by a T-Mobile Employee through Ebay. I am not able to use Device Unlock App to unlock the phone, it said This device is NOT eligible to unlock....I've used this phone on my TMO account for nearly 4 months.

I contacted T-Mobile Support and they could not do anything about unlocking it, I think because the IMEI is not on their database, therefore, unlock app is failing.

Any third party app or unlock code I can buy to unlock it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret