Has anyone else noticed that their phone has issues when its connected to public wifi.

I have noticed that when I connect to things like o2wifi, the phone creates multiple connections on the wifi page and then won't connect to any of them.

I have also noticed that when it connects to virgin media wifi on the london underground, it connects for about 30 seconds and then it says that it has poor connection and disconnects. It also will not auto connect to this network.

I have checked and the box to auto connect to that network is checked.

Not sure what else to try.

Any ideas?
    06-30-2015 03:00 AM
    A little off topic...use VPN if you're going to connect to public wifi. You might catch something.
    06-30-2015 09:37 AM
    Thanks for the advice but the phone isn't playing ball anyway so I'm not gonna be catching anything any time soon. lol
    06-30-2015 04:02 PM
    IMO public WiFi is crap in many places.
    06-30-2015 06:56 PM
    A little off topic...use VPN if you're going to connect to public wifi. You might catch something.
    Do you have any tips for doing this (using VPN, not catching something)? I now have a 6GB plan (up from 1GB) so I'm far less likely to use public WIFI on my phone... but I still go out with my laptop and use public WIFI. I've read about using a VPN, but it all seems very daunting.
    06-30-2015 07:14 PM
    Do you have any tips for doing this (using VPN, not catching something)? I now have a 6GB plan (up from 1GB) so I'm far less likely to use public WIFI on my phone... but I still go out with my laptop and use public WIFI. I've read about using a VPN, but it all seems very daunting.
    VPN's - at least good ones, aren't cheap. Check out: Five Best VPN Service Providers
    Choose one that has an app for Android. It's trivial to set up and use on Android (or PC/Mac).
    06-30-2015 07:53 PM
    VPN's - at least good ones, aren't cheap. Check out: Five Best VPN Service Providers
    Choose one that has an app for Android. It's trivial to set up and use on Android (or PC/Mac).
    Thanks - I'll look into it.
    06-30-2015 08:27 PM
    Thanks - I'll look into it.
    Private internet access is one of the best and highly recommended.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

Absolutely no logs and no IPV6 leak.

And no, I have no ties to them, just been quite solid for me the last few years.
    tardus and Jonneh like this.
    06-30-2015 08:41 PM
    Private internet access is one of the best and highly recommended.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

Absolutely no logs and no IPV6 leak.

And no, I have no ties to them, just been quite solid for me the last few years.
    Much less than I pay. Will check them out when comes time to renew! If you use open wi-fi at hotels and other public places I think it's a significant risk. But I may be paranoid I also never do banking over wi-fi, only data.
    06-30-2015 09:19 PM
    Much less than I pay. Will check them out when comes time to renew! If you use open wi-fi at hotels and other public places I think it's a significant risk. But I may be paranoid I also never do banking over wi-fi, only data.
    Open Wi-Fi anywhere is a risk. I use my VPN on phone, PC, tablet and Surface at home.

I'll do banking on Wi-Fi only with my VPN.

And yeah, it's a great price. They have deals pretty often. I'm locked into $31.95/year.
    06-30-2015 09:53 PM
    Anyone looking for a great deal on PIA for a great VPN.

http://slickdeals.net/share/android_app/t/7952493
    Jonneh likes this.
    07-01-2015 02:54 PM
    The Register has several articles on the safty of VPN'S you all should read,but read this first and pass it along. LG phones have a serious vulnerability that the will only fix in future phones. Here is the report.
    http://www.search-lab.hu/about-us/ne...er-application

Posted via the Android Central App, HTC Evo 4g LTE ,on Sprint
    07-02-2015 09:47 AM
    The Register has several articles on the safty of VPN'S you all should read,but read this first and pass it along. LG phones have a serious vulnerability that the will only fix in future phones. Here is the report.
    http://www.search-lab.hu/about-us/ne...er-application

Posted via the Android Central App, HTC Evo 4g LTE ,on Sprint
    Eh, I wouldn't exactly call that serious. Turn off auto updates for LG apps and use trusted Wi-Fi or a quality VPN.
    07-02-2015 10:39 AM