looking for a keyboard replacement, the stock one is showing some real lag

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Just like the title says...I'm looking for a new keyboard since I feel the stock keyboard lags a little bit to much

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Don't use SwiftKey, it's swipe recognition is Hortons... and there's an example, I swiped "horrible" and Hortons came up... Whatever Hortons is.

Posted via the Android Central App

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I like SwiftKey. Been using it for a couple years. Sometimes the recognition isn't great. But it's smooth and has customizable options.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Jacob_1982

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I installed the SGS screen booster app and started using the pre-installed Google keyboard and everything is super fast and responsive.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Don't use SwiftKey, it's swipe recognition is Hortons... and there's an example, I swiped "horrible" and Hortons came up... Whatever Hortons is.

Horrible, horrible.

Actually, I don't have that problem. I'm using SwiftKey, and it recognizes "horrible" just fine.

I'm not sure why you're getting "Hortons", but Tim Hortons is a coffee shop in Canada.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Moved on to Google Keyboard...so much better. It's ugly and isn't as customizable as Swiftkey but it works great. Miss some of the punctuation marks on the same keyboard page though.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Moved on to Google Keyboard...so much better. It's ugly and isn't as customizable as Swiftkey but it works great. Miss some of the punctuation marks on the same keyboard page though.

Google here too. Got used to it on my nexus 5 and just stick with it now

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

I second that suggestion. Give it a try - you can easily switch back.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
My vote is for SwiftKey, the spell checker always seems to know what I'm trying to say, and I don't see any lag with it at all.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
SwiftKey goes on every one of my android phones. Prediction is accurate about 90% of the time. That's about as good as it gets from what I've seen from other keyboards.

jkayakj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I use SwiftKey and have no lag , but also found that most of the lag was originating in the messages app and when I switched to another one, the lag vanished

caffeinated pants

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I use SwiftKey and have no lag , but also found that most of the lag was originating in the messages app and when I switched to another one, the lag vanished

I think this a good point. If your keyboard input seems laggy for some reason, take into consideration that it could be due to interaction between the keyboard and the app you're currently using.

Check if the lag only occurs when using a specific app, try an alternative, and see if the lag is gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC