Thinking of taking back my newly bought s6 to T-Mobile and getting the G4 instead.
    Any known issues with this variant ?
    Did anyone switch from an s6 to the g4?
    How's the screen quality , battery life , etc ?
    Any insight would be great
    07-03-2015 12:30 AM
    Came from the S5, but no issues so far. Really liking this phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-05-2015 03:56 PM
    I switched from the gs6 to the g4. Overall, I'm happier with the g4 but it isn't without its own issues.

Screen is better than the gs6
    Battery life is also better
    I prefer the gs6 camera due to a better automatic mode

Known issues with the G4 include touchscreen not being responsive in some cases and some general lag
    07-05-2015 04:25 PM
    I switched from the gs6 to the g4. Overall, I'm happier with the g4 but it isn't without its own issues.

Known issues with the G4 include touchscreen not being responsive in some cases and some general lag
    I agree, it's good, if having a bigger screen is something you are after. For, me I wanted there bigger screen, but I agree, the basic point and shoot camera action for me I felt was better on the S6, however if you are willing to work for it, you cadet better shots with the G4.

Only other thing I miss is the build quality, they are roughly the same in price comparing a plastic back G4 to a 32g regular s6, maybe $60 difference, though obviously the s6 feels more premium with meta and glass vs plastic and plastic lol.

Also I don't know why LG didn't use gorilla glass 4, but no biggie there since I use a screen protector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-05-2015 04:56 PM
    Went from Gs6 to the G4 due to two things: battery life and lag.

The lag wasn't crazy slow but it was there and it was annoying. It just couldn't handle how much I use the device.

Now, the battery life on the GS6 was terrible. Very terrible. With my usage, I would unplug at 9am and I would be at 0% by 3pm. Maybe sooner. So I had completely charge from 0% about twice a day. Very annoying.

The G4 doesn't have the battery issue, and I have noticed maybe 2 times that it has lagged. My battery now lasts me all day so I don't ever need to plug in during the day.

What I don't like: build quality is definitely better on S6, and I actually much prefer touchwiz on the S6 than the LG skin. I really don't like the LG skin actually. Especially what they did to notifications.

When the S6 is running smoothly, it was also faster than the G4, but unfortunately it has lag. If the S6 ran like new all the time, it would be faster than the G4. I usually like to increase the animation and transition scales from 1X to .5x, which I did on the S6 and worked fine, but the LG G5 cannot handle the increased speeds. It lags immediately. So I just left it alone and it performs fine.

Honestly, if battery life was better on the S6, I would have dealt with the lag it had here and there. I really loved that device. But the battery life was just way too annoying for me.

07-06-2015 09:57 AM

Interesting.. I've heard the opposite about battery life.

07-06-2015 11:32 AM