While charging the phone last night, it had reached a full charge and I heard the notification for so. I unplugged the phone and it was unresponsive to knock to wake, and the power buttons. I tried plugging the phone back in to charge, but it will not recognize it. I have tried holding down every button combination to turn on the phone, but it never even starts the boot animation. I have also tried removing the battery and plugging in the phone hoping to eliminate the battery from the equation to no avail.
    07-03-2015 09:30 AM
    That's strange. Looks like a trip to your phone company is in order asap!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    07-03-2015 10:16 AM
    That happened to me once, but in my case pulling the battery restored normal function.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-03-2015 11:28 AM
    If battery pull and re install won't let you start the phone then you should contact the carrier or manufacturer for a replacement

Sent from my Verizon LG G4
    tardus likes this.
    07-03-2015 12:11 PM
    My phone had the same problem. I just wiped off the gold battery connectors. I dont know what their called.
    08-06-2015 03:13 PM
    I had the same trouble with my new LG G4. The blue light was flashing on the phone, so I knew the battery had some charge. I tried to restart by pushing the power button - no go. I then removed and replaced the battery, and tried to power on - no go. When I searched for an answer I found that you can HARD RESTART your phone by holding the power button down for a SOLID 30 SECONDS. None of your data will be affected. This got the display on my LG G4 working again. I then noticed I had 68% charge, so the phone should have powered on just by pressing the power button.

Anyway, I hope this helps. If this does not work then you can do a FACTORY RESET of your phone, and I would search for the steps to do that as I do not want to be held responsible if you loose something important on your phone. Again, doing a warm restart will NOT harm your data, but doing a factory reset WILL restore to the phone to the state is was from the factory.

Peace. Out.

PaulyWolly .
    10-25-2015 01:07 PM
    Itried doing the hard reset on my LG G4 and my phone didn't respond. I even tried it with my spare battery that I got when I bought the phone and that didn't work either, even with the charger plugged in. I'm waiting on a new type of battery that is supposed to stop the issue. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
    12-22-2015 08:33 AM
    We had the same thing. Had to go to the sprint store to get a replacement. The LG G4 phones from June to Sept have bad motherboards.
    12-25-2015 08:15 PM
    We had the same thing. Had to go to the sprint store to get a replacement. The LG G4 phones from June to Sept have bad motherboards.
    Aye. Mine is at LG right now to be repaired. Since VZW couldn't promise I'd get a newer built device (it d be a refurb) I decided to have LG replace whatever needs to be replaced with properly fixed parts.

? Pretty ridiculous for a phone that's barely 6 months old.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-27-2015 03:32 PM
    The LG G4 phones from June to Sept have bad motherboards.
    Do you have any references that confirm this? I'd love to bring it up when I bring my phone in. I've had NUMEROUS issues with my LG G4 since I bought it around that time - and I don't have a warranty on my phone. My phone just minutes ago died while playing music on youtube, I tried charging and restarting it but it's fckd!
    This is my first smart phone and I seriously hate it. What a waste of so much money...
    04-03-2016 03:10 AM
    i think it might be to do with the issue plaguing the G4 for ages now. i threw mine against the wall in a fit of rage after contacting lg for the 5th time trying to claim my warranty...
    04-03-2016 07:13 AM
    Do you have any references that confirm this? I'd love to bring it up when I bring my phone in. I've had NUMEROUS issues with my LG G4 since I bought it around that time - and I don't have a warranty on my phone. My phone just minutes ago died while playing music on youtube, I tried charging and restarting it but it's fckd!
    This is my first smart phone and I seriously hate it. What a waste of so much money...
    Google these two words - "G4" + "bootloop" LG has admitted to the problem.
    What do you mean that you're going to bring the phone in and don't have a warranty? Carriers in the US give a 1 year warranty. LG also offers direct warranty but takes longer than carrier repair. But If the bootloader is unlocked this will likely void warranty.

My G4 was manufactured in May - the first month of manufacture. It's the best phone I've ever had. The only problem happened with the Marshmallow update, but after tweaking I have the battery life back - maybe to 80% of what it was. The G4 still has one of the best cameras out there, solid build, perfect size screen.
    04-03-2016 09:05 AM
    I have an G4 at home to try to fix for a friend. His phone is only 6 months now. And i have tryed every thing. He has a new bettery even. It does not start. Black screen and no led blink. Tryed to couple it and start whith my computer. No response. But when i hold the start button down 20 sec even if the phone is dead. I got a coupeling off from my computer. I said to him the best way is to turn it in. If he can fix it some how. Im gonna buy one my self. Love LG. Nice phones and TVs. I got my Huawei Honor 8. But afraid to drop it at work.
    12-29-2016 04:53 PM