Ringer volume and vibration strength

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I haven't gotten a G4 yet, and wanted a little feedback on ringer volume and vibration strength. I plan on carrying the phone in my pocket, so volume and vibration strength are important.

1. I assume you can set the G4 to ring and vibrate?
2. Depending on ringtone of course, is the ringer loud enough?
3. How strong is the vibrate? My current Samsung Convoy 3 is pretty weak.

legin111

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
My ringer volume is pretty loud, but I do have a song for my ringer and always did...I don't really car for the original ringtones. I came from a blackberry z30 and its no where near the vibrate in that. With that being said, I'm also like you and keep my phone in my pocket and I do find its adequate enough for me to feel through my jeans which is probably the thickest of pants I wear

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Plenty loud enough, not sure about vibrate in your pocket. I have mine set in lowest vibrate and I can feel it sometimes in my back pocket. But I don't have a case. With a case similar to an Otto Box I'm not sure how good it would be.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Plenty loud enough, not sure about vibrate in your pocket. I have mine set in lowest vibrate and I can feel it sometimes in my back pocket. But I don't have a case. With a case similar to an Otto Box I'm not sure how good it would be.
Vibrate strength is adjustable?

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Compared to my note2 the volume is louder (scares the hell out of me sometimes) but I've found the vibration is not as much... I think it has something to do with the body build.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Compared to my note2 the volume is louder (scares the hell out of me sometimes) but I've found the vibration is not as much... I think it has something to do with the body build.

Same here, my Note 2 was much stronger in the "force". :p When it vibrates, it will start to slide on the table. The G4's vibrate is pretty weak even thought I set it to max.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Same here, my Note 2 was much stronger in the "force". :p When it vibrates, it will start to slide on the table. The G4's vibrate is pretty weak even thought I set it to max.

With my G4, I set the volume down to around 10% rather than rely on the vibrate... I missed a couple of calls from my wife (if you're married, you'll understand!) due to not noticing the vibration.

To be honest, this is the only fault I have with this phone... that's it, just one :)

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
With my G4, I set the volume down to around 10% rather than rely on the vibrate... I missed a couple of calls from my wife (if you're married, you'll understand!) due to not noticing the vibration.

To be honest, this is the only fault I have with this phone... that's it, just one :)

Are you kidding, it is a plus in my book! :p
"Why didn't you answer your phone??"
"I have it on vibrate and it is really weak."
"Oh okay then."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs