Battle damage on your leather battery cover?

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, those all look bad to me and I must say, upsetting. I've got a Huskk Leather backed wallet case for my iPhone 6+ that is wearing perfectly. It's what I would have expected from the leather back of the G4. I'm rather displeased with your pictures.

Here's my Huskk that I've had since March:
IMG_0520.jpg

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
They way I look at it I still got a good deal on a great phone and if it does mess up I didn't pay more to have the leather case then the plastic so oh well I just put a case on lol or put one of the the 2 leather cases I ordered it they ever decide to show up

Posted via the Android Central App

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
No case on my Verizon G4 with Korean aftermarket brown back, and it looks perfect. But, to be honest, I carry the phone like I would a Faberge Egg.

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I just switched from a G4 to a Nexus 6, but I am missing the leather, so I ordered this beauty: Nexus 6 Leather - Toast

A little more expensive than a slickwrap, but these are handmade using thick, super nice, top grain leather. None of this 0.1 mm thick stuff we've been seeing. Check out the pics posted here to get an idea of the thickness. Toast rust leather skin w/Moto dimple cutout | Nexus 6 | XDA Forums

They could probably custom cut one for the plastic backed G4 as well. The company seems very open to doing custom stuff.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Well this is quite shocking, and explains why Samsung uses the faux leather textured plastic on the Note 4, had it since launch last year yet not a single bit of wear or tear.

Had a friend who was interested in a G4 with brown leather, but may just advise them to get plastic.

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
It's like any leather object of course if you don't take care of the leather it's go to looked messed at up .at work I'm moving non stop so I put a cover on but when I home or out and about I baby my phone I go without a cover

Joey Riz

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine since the launch and my red looks great other then the corners are a little dark that's all

Attachments

• 30818.jpg
    30818.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 50

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
My G4 suffered its first ever drop.

It fell out of bed while I was putting it next to me. It dropped with a loud thud and landed on its back.

Surprisingly, no damage, at least visibly.
LGG4Leather1.jpgLGG4Leather2.jpgLGG4Leather3.jpg

Brian McMahon

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Had mine since launch and only the corners and one small mark on the left side are showing. Surprised how well it's holding up as it's in and out a car holder and bike holder most days along with the usual pocket damage.

Bkukax

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I've got the black leather and its holding up well after 2 weeks and no case. Live the feel and I don't really want to put a case on the leather. I will however be purchasing a red leather and orange leather back cover to switch them when I want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power