OMG Phil was right!

Trent9810

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
For the longest time I've listened to Phil say that the back buttons on samsung phones are in the wrong place. Well after 15 min playing with my new LG G4.....He is 100% right.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Seems counter intuitive, but the Back button located where it is, the reach is a little more comfortable.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Back buttons are an outstanding feature of the phone, the side buttons seem so archaic now.

Next up LG...get the front facing speakers going please.

Mr PicC

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
100% agreed with speakers. My only issue coming from N6. Back buttons ftw though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Being right handed, I've always found Samsung's layout (back button on the right) to be more intuitive. But, I'm glad you found a layout that works best for you.

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why people make the argument that some people have to reach farther for the back button on the left, something is going to be on the left of its not the back button it's the multitasking button, which I use just as frequently. Some would argue google wants you to use that instead of back, when going back to your last app. The back button is always placed on the left in all software because that's where it logically makes sense, Samsung is without a doubt wrong :)

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Back buttons are an outstanding feature of the phone, the side buttons seem so archaic now.

Next up LG...get the front facing speakers going please.

I thought we were talking about the "go-back" button on the screen. Not the back-mounted physical buttons :)

But if the screen button, at least you also have the option to rearrange them on the LG, if you'd prefer.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I thought we were talking about the "go-back" button on the screen. Not the back-mounted physical buttons :)

But if the screen button, at least you also have the option to rearrange them on the LG, if you'd prefer.

Oops... Well, now you know my feelings on the back of the device )

Regarding the back button I just moved it to the right side of the device since I use it a lot fwiw

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Shhhhh don't tell Phil he was right. You are going to inflate his ego, and we'll never hear the end of it.... Lol

Last edited:

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
If I could keep my activity button where it's at I would love to have the back buttons again on my Active

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For the longest time I've listened to Phil say that the back buttons on samsung phones are in the wrong place. Well after 15 min playing with my new LG G4.....He is 100% right.

Posted via Android Central App
Personally I find that Samsung back button is easier to use when one handed since I usually hold the phone in my left hand so it is easier for me to hit the button on the right of the screen than it is for me to hit the button on left of the screen. But of course it depends on your usage. The nice thing about the g4 is that you can choose the location of the home buttons. Customize it to how you like

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
was originally a critic of the back buttons prior to owning my G2, but after a few days of using it, I was sold. When it came time to "upgrade", I tried several other phones but by now am so used to the back buttons, I feel I could never go back.

In addition the "knock on" is very useful and I rarely have to use the actual power button. Funny thing about the knock on is I keep tapping my kindle and other tablet forgetting that its not a feature on them.

David

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Whatever back buttons Phil meant - and I suspect he meant the Back button bottom right on a Samsung - notice how, as I have said several times before, the G4 allows you to customise the layout of the screen navigation buttons to suit your own preference.

Ebko

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Every phone I had with side buttons would get accidentally activated almost every time I picked it up, took it out of my pocket or when just handling it. Back buttons are great, every manufacturer should take note.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Every phone I had with side buttons would get accidentally activated almost every time I picked it up, took it out of my pocket or when just handling it. Back buttons are great, every manufacturer should take note.

I have nvr accidentally pressed a side button.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I've always thought the back button was better on the right side for me because I am right handed and it is much easier to reach. The back button is what I use most out of all navigation buttons.
.however, I do see where Phil is coming from.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I find it perfect for large phones.

But side buttons seem fitting for smaller ones. That said, I'm already in love with the back buttons and going back to side ones proved to be somewhat difficult.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
One of the first thing I did with my G4 was to swap the back button back to the "right" side. ;) My coworker did the same with his G3.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Personally I find it hilarious that people keep going back and forth over the "back" button and the "back buttons on the G4" in this thread.

Phil might be right, but no one is going to know what he was really right about just by reading the responses in this thread. 😉

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech