Smart Lock

Dueyduck

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone using Smart Lock on the G4 right now, and have a Corporate e-mail account linked to their phone (not via Touchdown). My G4 with Exchange (hooked through Gmail), will not allow me to access the Smart Lock settings in the Lock Screen setting. I have coworkers with the N6, N5, and M7, who all can access that feature, who also have their Corporate E-mail active. Some have Corporate e-mail hooked through Gmail and others through another e-mail program (old corporate e-mail by Google or HTC e-mail app).

Anyone have any ideas?

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Another nine user, its amazing and also allows for corporate calendar access using default or other stock based calendar with out the need of syncing an additional account.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Another nine user, its amazing and also allows for corporate calendar access using default or other stock based calendar with out the need of syncing an additional account.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

The only thing I wish it had was guest availability when scheduling meetings. Touchdown had that but it had its own built in calendar. I think it's on the Nine radar but who knows when it will get here.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Another nine user... Kicks every email app in the [language removed] for exchange accounts.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the built in client and it works just fine with exchange. And smart lock.

Posted via the Android Central App

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the built in client and it works just fine with exchange. And smart lock.

Doesn't the built in client use device level locking vs program level locking as Nine does? If so, does Smart Locking automatically unlock the phone when near a trusted device?

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't the built in client use device level locking vs program level locking as Nine does? If so, does Smart Locking automatically unlock the phone when near a trusted device?

Not sure, but it works the same way it did on my Nexus 6. The one thing I've noticed is in the car when it links to Bluetooth it takes a few minutes before smart lock will automatically unlock the phone the first time. Either that or it seems to wait for me to unlock it manually using my knock code and after that it stays unlocked.

Hopefully that made some sense. I can say face unlock works totally fine too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza