I am loving my charger!

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had phones with replaceable batteries before but I've never had a charger. For the first time since owning a smartphone I am no longer charging it every night. I just let it go until it gets down to about 20% and then swap my charged battery into the phone. Old battery goes right into the charger. Life is good. :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Make that 40% and your batteries will last so long the phone will be worth $25. (The batteries in my V551, a feature phone from about 2004, still give me about 95% capacity.) Draining the battery to 20% shortens the life by about 55%.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had phones with replaceable batteries before but I've never had a charger. For the first time since owning a smartphone I am no longer charging it every night. I just let it go until it gets down to about 20% and then swap my charged battery into the phone. Old battery goes right into the charger. Life is good. :)

Welcome to the club buddy!!!

Isnt fukin awesome that you get a 100 % charge right away? Life is good indeed 🐶

GFour

patsbox7

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I was really irritated that the new Moto X didn't have a replaceable battery, but now that I have a Qualcomm quick charger I have no problems with it at all. It charges my phone up to 100% so fast, doesn't even phase me anymore. Best charging system ever, I love it. I still would prefer a replaceable battery though, the quick charger just makes it bearable.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Gigahorse

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
When I received my package from LG I kind of imagined that it would all end up in a drawer and I'd start using the other battery in a year or two. Instead I ended up using it right now, and yeah, it's really awesome to be able to charge and swap and never have the actual phone tethered to a charging cable. Such a great promotion that they gave this stuff away for free.

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I was really irritated that the new Moto X didn't have a replaceable battery, but now that I have a Qualcomm quick charger I have no problems with it at all. It charges my phone up to 100% so fast, doesn't even phase me anymore. Best charging system ever, I love it. I still would prefer a replaceable battery though, the quick charger just makes it bearable.

What charger are you using, and is it much faster than the regular charger that came with the phone?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Make that 40% and your batteries will last so long the phone will be worth $25. (The batteries in my V551, a feature phone from about 2004, still give me about 95% capacity.) Draining the battery to 20% shortens the life by about 55%.
$25 isn't much incentive... but I will swap batteries sooner than I have been... :)

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I am so stoked to get my extra battery & external charger (just got the shipping email today!)! About my only gripe with the G4 is sub-par battery life (by my standards (I know, battery life is such a subjective topic)) ... that will all be resolved in a few days :)

I have a quick charger, which too is great ... but having the capability to jump to 100% from 30-40% in mere seconds is more betterer LOL

cleankutazn

May 19, 2013
Visit site

I thought these batteries didn't have memory so it wouldn't matter how much you drained it.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Lithium batteries are different. No memory, but it is still bad for them to drain them too far.

I use lithium-based batteries in a hobby, the guideline we use is to not drain more than 80% of their rated capacity. Generally, their lifespan will be reduced by discharging them further. Drain them 70%, vs 80%, and hopefully they will last you longer. But hard-data is tough to come by, too many variables at play.

patsbox7

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
What charger are you using, and is it much faster than the regular charger that came with the phone?
I am using a generic Qualcomm quick charger, ordered off amazon for like $15. Is is WAY faster than the original charger. The standard chargers take like two hours to fully charge my phone, quick charger takes 40 minutes max from totally drained to 100%. It has made my Moto X experience 100 times better, no joke. I highly recommend getting a quick charger if your phone is compatible. I also bought a quick charger for my car, and between having one for the house and the car I am never stuck with a low batter.
Like I said, I was really turned off by the battery on the new Moto X, but the quick charge makes up for it, and am now a very happy camper.

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Could you link to the specific charger you bought? I heard many charge only so fast, and I want to be sure the charger will be compatible and not do any damage.

Also, it sounds like it charges 'too fast'? 40 minutes instead of 2 hours?

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I think he is talking about quick charging the Moto X, not a G4. The G4, with a QC 2.0 charger, only gets more like a 20% speed increase at best vs the LG charger, if the phone is kept cool enough while charging.

Last edited:

bobbyranney

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Quick charging good. Wireless charging better unless you sleep 2 hours a night. When one travels, charged replaceable batteries, indispensable. I travel a lot to m/c rallies in the summer where there are charging stations. I would never leave a $500 phone, even on quick charge, laying around. And I'm sure not going to baby sit it. No one steals chargers. At home I just toss it on the wireless pad and go to sleep. If I worked and needed to charge during the day, a quicky might do the trick. I have an Anker QC 2.0 18v from amazon I use but it sure isn't, tapping my foot, looking at my watch, fast. Different tools for different applications.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am using a generic Qualcomm quick charger, ordered off amazon for like $15. Is is WAY faster than the original charger. The standard chargers take like two hours to fully charge my phone, quick charger takes 40 minutes max from totally drained to 100%. It has made my Moto X experience 100 times better, no joke. I highly recommend getting a quick charger if your phone is compatible. I also bought a quick charger for my car, and between having one for the house and the car I am never stuck with a low batter.
Like I said, I was really turned off by the battery on the new Moto X, but the quick charge makes up for it, and am now a very happy camper.

Just to verify this is on the Moto X, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome