Do you have a antenna problem?

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Most people know that I loved my g4 so this question isn't about bashing the phone at all but a serious question about it.

How many people here are having a issue with cell reception and WiFi reception?

Try this with yours and see if this happens..

Be in a area where you have full bars on the phone with the radio and WiFi first..

Now hold the phone with the screen facing you and at the bottom with one hand.. . now lay the top of your phone in your other hand in your palm..

Do you loose your signal? Does the signal drop off any bars?

I have tried this with 8 different g4's and they all have done this to a different degree... mine would loose the signal and have no service...

I thought it might have been AT&T but I have seen it on other carriers too.

I tried in vain to talk to someone at LG about this but never could get past their Philippines answering service about it.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

My G4 does this. My daughters G3 does this as well. So, if it is a problem with the G4, it was a problem with the G3 as well.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I remember reading somewhere that the signal strengh bar isn't always an accurate indicator. Has anyone tried this with a reputable app?
It isn't perfect. Signal check pro is pretty good and shows lots of info. Really snr is more important than signal strength

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
My G4 does this. My daughters G3 does this as well. So, if it is a problem with the G4, it was a problem with the G3 as well.

Actually, when I have full bars on my G4 - like right now, I don't see a drop - maybe the signal here is so good that even dropping I keep all the bars. Last night I tested this and didn't have full bars and did note the drop on both the G4 and the G3.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually, when I have full bars on my G4 - like right now, I don't see a drop - maybe the signal here is so good that even dropping I keep all the bars. Last night I tested this and didn't have full bars and did note the drop on both the G4 and the G3.

Yeah you would have to measure in dBm -- bars go in ranges so a slight drop could not cause the bars to drop.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Just for the heel of it did it again on LTE.

With full bars sitting on desk it showed -94 dBm (24 asu)
With finger over the very top of the back and one bar dropping it showed -94 dBm (25 asu)

Using Signal Check Lite

Will add while doing this in using hotspot for my tablet which is what I'm writing this on, plus streaming a sports radio app on my phone. This didn't effect anything.

steve arbogast

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
It's a known LG issue since the G2, all the way to the V10. My G2 was such a great computer, but sucked as a phone. My wife could have 1 bar in the house with her S5 and still have calls come in with perfect call quality (same with outgoing), but my G2 with 2 bars wouldn't even ring however I'd get a notification that I had a missed call and an awaiting voice mail, and I was sitting right next to the phone, full volume.

This is why I switched to the GS6 EDGE+. I've never had a problem with incoming/outgoing calls even with one bar. What sucks is I REALLY loved LG's power/volume button on the back. I hate having the buttons on the side. I still am trying to adjust having them there.

If LG ever gets their act together and give us a phone first, then computer second, I'd gladly but another flagship phone from them.

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Just for the heel of it did it again on LTE.

With full bars sitting on desk it showed -94 dBm (24 asu)
With finger over the very top of the back and one bar dropping it showed -94 dBm (25 asu)

Using Signal Check Lite

Will add while doing this in using hotspot for my tablet which is what I'm writing this on, plus streaming a sports radio app on my phone. This didn't effect anything.

This phone give's me great reception! Almost as good as Motorola phones!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz