Notification shade lag/delay

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Haven't seen this mentioned before, but is anyone experiencing a slight delay / lag when pulling down the notification shade? I've noticed intermittently since I've gotten the device whether I swipe down from the top or use the home button. At first I couldn't figure out when/why it was happening, then tonight I realized it occurs after unlocking the device. Seems the first "opening" of the notification shade I'd encounter this delay/lag.

Wasn't a huge deal, but drove me nuts nonetheless LOL. So, I played with the animation scale settings in developer settings and turned them all off. The issue hasn't resurfaced yet!

If anyone else has noticed this I'd love to hear if this resolves it for you! Plus, the notification shade drops down SO much quicker now LOL

uploadfromtaptalk1436489290381.jpg

G4'ed it!

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
One of the first things I do on any new phone is turn off the animations in dev options.

Posted via the Android Central App

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I started moving the animations scales to "0" on my past several devices and it really seems to help the quickness and response on each device.

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Haven't seen this mentioned before, but is anyone experiencing a slight delay / lag when pulling down the notification shade? I've noticed intermittently since I've gotten the device whether I swipe down from the top or use the home button. At first I couldn't figure out when/why it was happening, then tonight I realized it occurs after unlocking the device. Seems the first "opening" of the notification shade I'd encounter this delay/lag.

Wasn't a huge deal, but drove me nuts nonetheless LOL. So, I played with the animation scale settings in developer settings and turned them all off. The issue hasn't resurfaced yet!

If anyone else has noticed this I'd love to hear if this resolves it for you! Plus, the notification shade drops down SO much quicker now LOL

View attachment 185842

G4'ed it!

I haven't really had any noticeable issue with that, but I'll never pass on any opportunity to add a bit more pep to my phone! and GO BLUESHIRTS!

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm one that actually likes the lollipop animations. I think it looks so smooth, so I would never turn mine off. And my notification shade comes down very smooth and quick. If they had a .75 option I might do that.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I feel like I'm just missing something with my Verizon model.

I appreciate the tip, so I tried disabling all 3 Animations settings. I don't notice a difference in dragging down the bar from the top of the screen. Admittedly, this is when already unlocked, not locking then unlocking. Maybe that's the important part.

I tried, in turn, setting each Animation up to 5X. And some things became obviously slow. But dragging down the bar from the top never felt different to me. Am I just *really* unobservant? :) Or are we talking about something else, not dragging that bar down?

I do notice other things being quicker transitions when I set them to 0.5 or Disabled, so the settings are doing something. But dragging down the bar looks the same to me.

Last edited:

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I feel like I'm just missing something with my Verizon model.

I appreciate the tip, so I tried disabling all 3 Animations settings. I don't notice a difference in dragging down the bar from the top of the screen. Admittedly, this is when already unlocked, not locking then unlocking. Maybe that's the important part.

I tried, in turning, setting each Animation up to 5X. And some things became obviously slow. But dragging down the bar from the top never felt different to me. Am I just *really* unobservant? :) Or are we talking about something else, not dragging that bar down?

I do notice other things being quicker transitions when I set them to 0.5 or Disabled, so the settings are doing something. But dragging down the bar looks the same to me.

What I was experiencing was a slight hang-up when I'd pull it down ... the quick settings toggles would kinda be "cut in half" at the top of the screen and then the shade would drop down fully after a split second or so (sometimes longer). Kind of hard to explain ...

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
What I was experiencing was a slight hang-up when I'd pull it down ... the quick settings toggles would kinda be "cut in half" at the top of the screen and then the shade would drop down fully after a split second or so (sometimes longer). Kind of hard to explain ...

Yep. I experience this same thing from time to time.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I just found one fault with turning off the animations: the double-tap on the top notification bar to sleep... very iffy with animations turned off. At least on my phone, that was the case.

I turned them back to 0.5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay