I was raking many pics outside in low light of stars. I used diffrent Iso levels (800, 1500, 2700) and different exposure times (8 sec, 15 sec, 30 sec) and all was well, making great photos until after maybe the 25.th pic, I saw blue and red bars,along the camera screen, and I heard a med volume humming noise, which was coming from the camera (i put my ear up to the lens) and the phone was lightly vibrating. I exited the camera and it stopped, it hasnt done this since. I checked, the phone and camera were both not hot at all. What is this? Any others with this problem? (im on veriozn, I contacted of customer service and they just told we reboot)
    07-09-2015 11:23 PM
    Just a guess but maybe the optional image stabilization is working.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-09-2015 11:53 PM
    Thanks, but would OIS be working that much when I want even moving the phone at the time?

07-10-2015 01:57 AM
    Even when holding the camera against a fence for steadiness when photographing the Moon, I noticed that the Moon's image drifted around slowly for a while as the OIS did its stuff. That's normal. But it was silent so far as I was aware, so if yours is making an audible noise, it may need attention. My Nokia Lumia 1020 started making an occasional loud screeching sound some time ago when taking photos....a known issue with the OIS mechanism.

07-10-2015 04:20 AM
    Using a Nikon P&S, on a tripod, I was taking some long-exposure night pics. They were coming out somewhat blurry. I finally tried disabling the camera's OIS, and the next pictures were nice and sharp. As I recall, the camera's manual also suggests this, disabling OIS when using a tripod.

So there is some precedent for OIS unexpectedly causing image movement. It sounds like sometimes OIS just *wants* to do something, even if it doesn't need to.

I don't know if it's possible to disable the G4's OIS, however.
    belodion likes this.
    07-11-2015 07:22 PM
    It's humming because it doesn't know the words.....sorry.
    sswitzer and Jonneh like this.
    07-11-2015 11:07 PM
    It's humming because it doesn't know the words.....sorry.
    Better than going "la la la", I guess
    07-12-2015 10:30 AM
    My LG G4 did the same thing. I was taking a night time photo outside. I had it on manual taking a long 30 second exposure with the ISO maxed, after it took the photo I went to examine it. Then went back to take another photo, the phone started buzzing and the screen was flickering. I exited the camera app and went back in and everything was back to normal. Hopefully just a glitch and not broken hardware.
    07-26-2015 01:36 AM