G4 at Costco

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Think I've had enough reading reviews and personal stories to get off the fence and pick up a G4. Thanks to everyone for their input :). Free leather back, extra battery/charger from LG are a nice incentive as well. I usually check Costco since they often throw in goodies like a free car charger, but when I just checked, they said Costco is also throwing in a $100 gift card - Sold! Offer good until July 14th ;-).

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Think I've had enough reading reviews and personal stories to get off the fence and pick up a G4. Thanks to everyone for their input :). Free leather back, extra battery/charger from LG are a nice incentive as well. I usually check Costco since they often throw in goodies like a free car charger, but when I just checked, they said Costco is also throwing in a $100 gift card - Sold! Offer good until July 14th ;-).

Best Buy did the same, and the freebies from lg are great!!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Costco is my favorite retailer to buy phones due to their generous 90 days exchange policy

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Costco is my favorite retailer to buy phones due to their generous 90 days exchange policy

That's why I usually buy from them if I can, but I double checked with their Phone guy yesterday about that specifically and he said phones don't fall under the regular Costco 90 Day Return policy :-(. I really thing for something as complicated, expensive, and as big of a commitment as a Smart Phone, a 15 Day Return policy is a little skimpy. I'll call ahead again to make sure though.

Last edited:

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
That's why I usually buy from them if I can, but I double checked with their Phone guy yesterday about that specifically and he said phones don't fall under the regular Costco 90 Day Return policy :-(. I really thing for something as complicated, expensive, and as big of a commitment as a Smart Phone, a 15 Day Return policy is way to skimpy. I'll call ahead again to make sure though.

Isn't the store return policy trumped by the carrier return policy? It's the same at Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Isn't the store return policy trumped by the carrier return policy? It's the same at Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc.

Got a clarification...return for a full refund is 15 days, like the carrier, but, you can exchange it for another phone for 90 days :). By then, the new Moto X and Note 5 will be out (just in case)

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Got a clarification...return for a full refund is 15 days, like the carrier, but, you can exchange it for another phone for 90 days :). By then, the new Moto X and Note 5 will be out (just in case)

How does that exchange work? Is there a max usage limit like the carrier return policy?

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
That's why I usually buy from them if I can, but I double checked with their Phone guy yesterday about that specifically and he said phones don't fall under the regular Costco 90 Day Return policy :-(. I really thing for something as complicated, expensive, and as big of a commitment as a Smart Phone, a 15 Day Return policy is way to skimpy. I'll call ahead again to make sure though.

15 days is more than long enough to determine a phone is suitable or not, imho. Hell, I know if I can live with a device in three.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
15 days is more than long enough to determine a phone is suitable or not, imho. Hell, I know if I can live with a device in three.

Not everyone finds the warts right away, and some things take a little while before they drive you nuts to the point of wanting to return the phone. It's my first smart phone purchase, so I'll have to set it up, customize it, DL updates. After that I still probably won't know everything to look for right away, but realize that's just me.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Clarification # 2...the person on the phone was a little vague the first time. She had simply said you could exchange any phone for another one withing 90 days. When I picked up my G4, the sales guy clarified that was only for defective phones, exchanged for the same model :-(. He said the more liberal policy I thought the woman meant (exchange for any phone for any reason) ended a year ago. Sorry for the misinformation!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Clarification # 2...the person on the phone was a little vague the first time. She had simply said you could exchange any phone for another one withing 90 days. When I picked up my G4, the sales guy clarified that was only for defective phones, exchanged for the same model :-(. He said the more liberal policy I thought the woman meant (exchange for any phone for any reason) ended a year ago. Sorry for the misinformation!

Same goes for Sams Club, 90days to replace bad units, then you get directed to a carrier store.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is that Costco does offer a 90 days return policy and they will return the full purchase price within 90 days, but your contract is locked after 14 days.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Best buy's $100 gift card you can apply right away toward the cost of the phone so a $199 two year contract phone, becomes $99 on the spot.

That BB version is what I thought Costco's would be, until I bought the phone. Since it was a send away promo (no $100 gift card given out in store), I I I couldn't apply it to the phone purchase :-(.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
My understanding is that Costco does offer a 90 days return policy and they will return the full purchase price within 90 days, but your contract is locked after 14 days.

I can call them again, since offering a 90 Day Exchange on defective phones is nothing more than the 1 Year Warranty offers. The way I thought it would work is you have 90 days to exchange the phone for another similarly priced phone, with the refund period being 15 days.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I can call them again, since offering a 90 Day Exchange on defective phones is nothing more than the 1 Year Warranty offers. The way I thought it would work is you have 90 days to exchange the phone for another similarly priced phone, with the refund period being 15 days.
The difference with Costco 90 days exchange is that you get new exchange for the same device within 90 days. If you bought directly from Verizon, after 14 days you will get a certified like new replacement, not a new replacement. Some people complain about getting refurbished replacements so close to purchase so this is the best option for them. If you don't care about getting refurbished replacements then no real advantage of going through Costco.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
The difference with Costco 90 days exchange is that you get new exchange for the same device within 90 days. If you bought directly from Verizon, after 14 days you will get a certified like new replacement, not a new replacement. Some people complain about getting refurbished replacements so close to purchase so this is the best option for them. If you don't care about getting refurbished replacements then no real advantage of going through Costco.

Thanks for the clarification. Still can only exchange for the reason of a defective phone, for the same model?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol