02-17-2017 09:16 PM
57 123
tools
    Did you just get the device? If it is within 14 days Sprint will exchange it free of cost out of stock. If it has been 14 days, you'd have to go into the service & repair center to get it replaced. Right now a lot of the G4's that are getting ordered for replacement have been brand new so you have a pretty decent chance of getting a new one.

Also, most of the newer device aren't necessarily a refurb phone when they come in. A lot of them are CPO, customer pre-owned, in which the customer returned it because they wanted a different device. Sprint can't resell that phone, so they put it in the system to be used as a replacement device.

Either way, I hope you get your issue resolved.
    I got my G4 on Aug 1st so it is about 1.5 months old. I went to Sprint yesterday and they said it is now a known issue with Sprint/LG so you don't need the TEP to get a replacement. They also said that this is happening to a lot of their customers and so far all replacements have been new devices. The only bad thing is that they won't give you one off the shelf, it has to be ordered...Mine will be here on Wednesday so we will see!

My phone was really acting up last night! It is definitely getting worse!
    09-13-2015 08:11 AM
    This happened to me last week on a three month old phone. I took it into a Sprint store and they replaced it on the spot. I have TEP, but the first words out of the guys mouth were, "let me see if we have a replacement in the back," without looking up my account or any mention of insurance.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-13-2015 10:43 AM
    This sounds like a clear hardware issue. If you were out of warranty I'd look at repeating the screen connector on the main board.
    09-13-2015 11:37 AM
    I got my G4 on Aug 1st so it is about 1.5 months old. I went to Sprint yesterday and they said it is now a known issue with Sprint/LG so you don't need the TEP to get a replacement. They also said that this is happening to a lot of their customers and so far all replacements have been new devices. The only bad thing is that they won't give you one off the shelf, it has to be ordered...Mine will be here on Wednesday so we will see! My phone was really acting up last night! It is definitely getting worse!
    Good to hear they are replacing it for you. And yea, we don't have a huge overhead like AT&T and Verizon do, so we have to order the device and have it shipped in. Normally for me if I order them on a weekend, they show up on Tuesday-Thursday usually Wednesday every time. Glad to hear you're getting a new one!

This happened to me last week on a three month old phone. I took it into a Sprint store and they replaced it on the spot. I have TEP, but the first words out of the guys mouth were, "let me see if we have a replacement in the back," without looking up my account or any mention of insurance.
    Interesting. Maybe they were just trying to make you feel at home or more taken care of. Because Sprint will never have replacement phones in the back in stock. Either way, as of now they will replace the device for the split screen issue whether or not you have insurance. Win!

This sounds like a clear hardware issue. If you were out of warranty I'd look at repeating the screen connector on the main board.
    It's the mainboard that's causing it. I've swapped a few with new screens and they still act up.
    sswitzer likes this.
    09-13-2015 12:06 PM
    1 more day until my replacement is supposed to be in! It can't be soon enough! My phone is getting worse by the day...every time I use it now, it is split screen half screen scrolling and static boxes! It really gets worse while the cpu is running like when downloading an app or opening a browser page. If you have had signs of the split screen issue, it is probably going to get worse! Mine used to only happen for a few seconds once a week or so...no up to every time I use the phone! I hope the replacement ends this nonsense!
    09-15-2015 02:13 PM
    I got my replacement all set up and working good! Hopefully no more split screen issues!

The Sprint store was less than stellar in helping set it up! The manager didn't even know about the LG backup and restore feature! He argued that it was impossible to bring over all your apps to a new phone! I did it when I got home and it worked perfect! I have a few app issues to work out but mostly, you just need to log in to the apps for them to work as normal. Much easier than downloading everything again! My stock home screens and lock screens restored perfectly as well!

If your phone has the split screen issues, it is a know issue and does not require TEP to get it replaced. Just do it...it's only going to get worse!
    sswitzer likes this.
    09-18-2015 06:05 AM
    I got my replacement all set up and working good! Hopefully no more split screen issues!

The Sprint store was less than stellar in helping set it up! The manager didn't even know about the LG backup and restore feature! He argued that it was impossible to bring over all your apps to a new phone! I did it when I got home and it worked perfect! I have a few app issues to work out but mostly, you just need to log in to the apps for them to work as normal. Much easier than downloading everything again! My stock home screens and lock screens restored perfectly as well!

If your phone has the split screen issues, it is a know issue and does not require TEP to get it replaced. Just do it...it's only going to get worse!
    I'm glad you got it replaced and all is well. I honestly did not know how well of a job the LG backup tool did until I used it a couple months ago. It works best when the same gmail is logged into the new phone when you do the restore. Otherwise you're right, it's just signing into the apps.

I hope the phone stays working this time! I haven't had a second person come back yet with the issue on their new device, fingers cross and knocking on wood lol.

Ryan
    09-18-2015 10:10 AM
    Yes, I used the same Gmail and it was pretty smooth. I am having some issues with Zedge and my imported ringtones but nothing major.

I was thinking ahead and made a backup just before I went into the store...saved it on my SD card and just restored it when I got home! The Store manager didn't want to hear about it, LOL! He was telling me that there are tons of people coming in with this issue and he heard that LG is revamping the older software/UI to work better with the new hardware...true or not, I am not sure! He thinks a big update will be coming soon. He also said that my new LGG4 is a 2nd Gen that should be better than the old 2st gen that I had. Again, true or untrue, I don't know!
    sswitzer likes this.
    09-18-2015 10:27 AM
    I have had the split screen on my Sprint LG G4 getting worse. I have had it happen while its warm, while its had a lot of down time and cool and upon startup. I took it to a Sprint store where they only verified my screen wasn't cracked and ordered a new one for me which will be here within 3-5 business days free of charge. If people are looking for batch numbers/manufacture dates I can confirm mine and my girlfriends were both 07/2015 and only mine has the issue.
    09-19-2015 07:10 PM
    Mine was 7/2015 as well.

Sent from my LG-G4 using Tapatalk...
    09-19-2015 08:29 PM
    I have been experiencing this same issue anytime I use the camera. After a few shots it starts and sometimes shuts down the entire device.
    09-22-2015 07:49 AM
    I have been experiencing this same issue anytime I use the camera. After a few shots it starts and sometimes shuts down the entire device.
    Yep, that is what mine did! It will soon start showing up more frequent...seems like mainly when the CPU is working hard like downloading from the Play Store or multitasking. It is going to get worse...visit your Sprint Store and have them order up a replacement for you. It will take a few days to come in. It's a known issues now so you shouldn't need insurance or anything.
    09-22-2015 09:19 AM
    I am on my 2nd LG G4. Mine is doing the same thing, it doesn't matter what I am doing either. Screen splits in half right down the middle. Sometimes it goes black, and other times,, half of the screen SPINS......and spins...for ever.. I set it down,, its sitting there spinning. Doesn't matter what I do,, or don't do. I turn it off, same thing happens. PAY TOO much money to have these glitches!
    09-22-2015 02:14 PM
    I am on my 2nd LG G4. Mine is doing the same thing, it doesn't matter what I am doing either. Screen splits in half right down the middle. Sometimes it goes black, and other times,, half of the screen SPINS......and spins...for ever.. I set it down,, its sitting there spinning. Doesn't matter what I do,, or don't do. I turn it off, same thing happens. PAY TOO much money to have these glitches!
    Did your first G4 have the same issues?
    09-22-2015 04:56 PM
    I got my G4 in July & it started doing that vertical split screen thing a couple weeks ago. Wasn't sure what the heck was going on. Sounds like i just need to have it replaced.
    09-30-2015 02:19 PM
    I got my G4 in July & it started doing that vertical split screen thing a couple weeks ago. Wasn't sure what the heck was going on. Sounds like i just need to have it replaced.
    Yes, it will get worse as time goes on. It is a known issue with LG now so you shouldn't have any trouble getting a replacement device.
    09-30-2015 04:04 PM
    My LG G4 did the same thing 2 weeks after my purchase. Sprint gave me a new one, would shut down on its own, so got a second one 2 days after the new one was replaced. I have been using the third phone for about 2 months and now its doing the same split screen issue. I am out of replacement days, so if I take it back to sprint I will now get a refurbished phone for a phone that I haven't even had for 3 months.
    10-16-2015 09:56 PM
    Seems like everyone with the same issues bought in in July. Mine was bought in July and has the same issues camera wont load and split screen . May be a bad batch. They should just do what car manufactures do have a recall and send us another phone.
    10-16-2015 10:04 PM
    Seems like everyone with the same issues bought in in July. Mine was bought in July and has the same issues camera wont load and split screen . May be a bad batch. They should just do what car manufactures do have a recall and send us another phone.
    Wow, what kind of cars do you buy?!? They send you a new car when there is a recall?

When my cars are recalled for a problem, I have to make a service appointment with the dealer (which usually takes a couple weeks), then bring it in and either wait for a couple hours while they fix it, or have them give me a ride to work and pick me up later.

No different with LG. If you are experiencing this problem, send it in to them and in a couple weeks you'll get your phone back or a replacement.
    10-17-2015 08:25 AM
    My LG G4 did the same thing 2 weeks after my purchase. Sprint gave me a new one, would shut down on its own, so got a second one 2 days after the new one was replaced. I have been using the third phone for about 2 months and now its doing the same split screen issue. I am out of replacement days, so if I take it back to sprint I will now get a refurbished phone for a phone that I haven't even had for 3 months.
    I'm not sure if you understand how the replacement program works. Sprint is never obligated to give you a brand new device(unless you are within the 14-day period), no matter how many exchanges you have had or when you purchased the device. It says in their literature that it will be replaced with a new or "like-new" device. It's literally pure circumstance if it shows in the exchange system as a new device(usually it's only when CPO phones are backordered). You get 3 free replacements in a rolling 12-month period. Since your device is continuously having problems that Sprint has marked as a known-issue within the service system, you will not have to pay to get the device replaced as long as it is one of those issues you have mentioned (besides the camera, that's not in there yet).

Also, most of the time you will only get a real reconditioned/refurbished phone is if its a really really old model(Galaxy s3, iphone 4/4s/5). Sprint usually uses devices that customer's have came in previously and purchased, but then either decided they didn't like it and returned it with in the 14-day period, or that canceled and turned their device back in. (Certified Pre-Owned)

It was a bad batch. LG contacted all carriers and had us return all the G4 devices we had in stock, and they replaced them with a new batch.

No different with LG. If you are experiencing this problem, send it in to them and in a couple weeks you'll get your phone back or a replacement.
    That's the only issue. It's going to take a couple weeks of the customer possibly not having a device. Honestly laurass should just go to the sprint store and have them replace it again. I'd rather take the chance with another replacement, that will be FREE, then keep dealing with the issue. Also if you go in Monday, laurass should have the replacement by Wednesday.

In any sense, have a good day!
    10-17-2015 10:13 AM
    Mine has been doing the same thing. It has been getting to the point where it will disappear for a split second but then come back for a long period of time. I contacted LG about it i am just waiting for a response.
    02-29-2016 01:53 PM
    Mine has been doing the same thing. It has been getting to the point where it will disappear for a split second but then come back for a long period of time. I contacted LG about it i am just waiting for a response.
    If you have Sprint, it is likely LG will you send you to a Service & Repair Center. If the device has no physical/liquid damage, they will be able to order you a replacement device, whether or not you have insurance, for free.

In either case, I recommend using the LG Backup tool on the device and backing up your device to an SD card. Once you get the new device, you can put the SD card in it and restore using the same software and you'll have all your stuff back.

Best of luck,
    Ryan
    02-29-2016 02:20 PM
    Wow. I can't believe it happened on my phone on the 14th day. Which was a holiday. Which resulted in me going to retailer to report, just to be told sorry, you are past the 15 days no questions asked replacement!! Mine is entire screen. Not a split issue. Verticle multicolored lines on entire screen !! What do I do!!?
    03-23-2016 12:15 AM
    Wow. I can't believe it happened on my phone on the 14th day. Which was a holiday. Which resulted in me going to retailer to report, just to be told sorry, you are past the 15 days no questions asked replacement!! Mine is entire screen. Not a split issue. Verticle multicolored lines on entire screen !! What do I do!!?
    Do you have Sprint? I'd visit an sprint authorized service & repair center. They should still replace the device free of charge if you have insurance, since *technically* it's NOT the screen split issue (as long as there is not physical or liquid damage). But even then, here at my store I'd stretch the truth and replace it for free because of the screen split known issue.

Best of luck,
    Ryan.
    03-24-2016 12:12 PM
    So we've been dealing with this since October and not once has Sprint offered to replace the phone free of charge. Sad thing is they made us return it and now have no idea where it is. Im about done with Sprint

And we cant visit a store because Sprint Store because the closet one is over an hour away...and we dont have the time to do that.....nor should we!!!
    03-31-2016 03:15 PM
57 123