02-17-2017 10:16 PM
57 123
tools
    I too have the screen-splitting issue with an LG G4.... the dual sim H818N model. I've had the phone for less than two days! At first it started very intermittently, and then started getting worse... now is almost constant. Left half of the screen is stable; right half scrolls erratically. Makes it almost impossible to use the phone. I bought it factory-unlocked on Amazon.com. After reading about this issue and the rotten luck some people are having with replacements, I'm bailing. I want a refund, not a replacement. Sad... I thought I'd found the phone of my dreams but I guess not.
    04-18-2016 12:28 PM
    I too have the screen-splitting issue with an LG G4.... the dual sim H818N model. I've had the phone for less than two days! At first it started very intermittently, and then started getting worse... now is almost constant. Left half of the screen is stable; right half scrolls erratically. Makes it almost impossible to use the phone. I bought it factory-unlocked on Amazon.com. After reading about this issue and the rotten luck some people are having with replacements, I'm bailing. I want a refund, not a replacement. Sad... I thought I'd found the phone of my dreams but I guess not.
    My G4, that I've had from the first day released in Canada, has only had this a couple of times, and none since Marshmallow. I'm not minimizing what you've had happen, or even able to offer a solution, but I'm thinking that you ended up buying a dud phone from an disreputable seller -- it was likely a phone that someone else returned. Try going to your local phone retailer/provider, and you can get a G4 for cheap (on a plan), especially now that the G5 has come out.
    04-18-2016 06:05 PM
    After 3 bootloops on 3 different G4s, Sprint set me up in a brand new G5. After less than 12 hours, guess what? You got it, split screen issues. Left side freezes, right side scrolls erratically. Back to Sprint, to swap out for an HTC 10. I'm done with LG. They don't appear to care about fixing issues. There's no way this should have continued to their latest phone.
    08-20-2016 11:04 AM
    My G4 is about a week old. I have not had any issues until this morning when it started behaving very badly. When holding the phone vertically, the screen was splitting in half, and half of it was freezing. Sometime it froze with whatever was on the screen, sometimes it turned into colorful "static" . Restarting the phone didn't help, although the issue is somewhat intermittent. When the phone is turned horizontally, the same issue continues, which make me think it is a hardware issue. I haven't dropped the phone or had any water issues. Anybody else had similar trouble?

Thanks
    I'm having the same exact issue with the g5. And it happened about a week after I got it. I don't know what to do.
    10-24-2016 08:37 AM
    I also have a half screen freeze glitch.

Vertical split screen issue on LG G4-lg_g4_screen_freeze.jpg

Vertical split screen issue on LG G4-lg_g4_screen_freeze_2.jpg

I have posted a video of the problem on YouTube

:

This problem for me started when I received my phone back from the LG USA repair facility. I had sent it there to fix a bootloop issue LG G4 bootloop problem: How to diagnose and fix it

I had to pay $76 to fix the bootloop because it was out of warranty.

The G4 came back from LG without a bootloop but with a half screen freeze. I called them and was told to send it back to them which I duly did. When I got my phone back again, it still had the half screen freeze problem. I called them again and was told to send it to them for a third time which I have refused to do. I have instead requested my $76 back, but been told that this is impossible.

I have escalated this to the boss of LG US, Juno Cho but after 5 days, he has not replied. I have copied my message to Owen Lloyd (Senior Director of Product Owners, Release Management and Product Assurance at LG Electronics) and Koo Bon-Joon (Vice Chairman, LG Electronics). If anyone has any better contact details for these people than I was able to find here, please update me LG customer service contacts - Elliott

I know the bootloop is a common problem. The half screen vertical freeze issue? Maybe it is less common and maybe those of us that have been affected by it need to put pressure on LG to do a better job helping affected customers.
    02-09-2017 11:19 AM
    LG g4 screen Split issue is not on software it is on hardware loose connection in Quallcomm processor which is layered beneath the RAM.
    Vertical split screen issue on LG G4-ydwd2ssrt6xmbif6.jpg

the Lg Split screen occur in Qualcomm Processor/RAM {seen red fram in image} you can fix this Problem applying solder paste,and heating the ic with temperate of 175 - 230centigrade, the solder from BGA body start melting in 230centigrade of temperature. for 30second the wait to cool down. turn back devices on and the problem gone.

ALso i descovery the some LG G4 problems and It location and reason.

1.Hardbrick (no power,no led,no download,no recovery)
    this Problem fixed by heating Nand Flash (reason Overheating,apply heat Mod) seen in image IC colored orange.
    2.Bootloop (stack on Lg logo,freezing,heating,)
    this problem Fixed by heating Qualcomm Processor/Ram to reconnect loosing connection.
    reason(over heating ,Multtask,Rooting,Software.) see inimage colore red
    3.Suddly Restart (after few second devices restart itself)
    this problem can be fixed by heating Qualcomm power Ic. seen in image colored green
    those problems i was see in defferent devices and fix by the method i mention..

LG G4 is good devices the problems you faced is only in loose connection.
    heeren kaba and Saber Hammami like this.
    02-16-2017 02:27 PM
    Thank you. Very informative!
    02-17-2017 10:16 PM
57 123