LTE active while Wi-Fi is on?

tannerrblake

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I just got a new G4 and I love it so far! The first few days it ran really hot and I thought I might have to return it, but it's slowly been getting better and I can get around 3.5-4 SOT now, which is okay but I'd prefer if it was better. I just noticed that while I have Wi-Fi on, the 4G LTE symbol in the status bar is fully colored instead of completely gone or faded like it was on my M8. Does this mean the phone is searching for LTE?

My battery drain is still pretty erratic when I'm doing nothing more than just browsing the web or social media, and it correlates with periods of excessive warmth near the top of the device. I'm wondering if the LTE symbol in my status bar is normal or if it's abnormal and causing my phone to heat up randomly like it has been.

Thank you so much for the help, it's a decent amount to read but I really would appreciate any help so much!

Attachments

• 2053.jpg
    2053.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 37

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This is normal for new phones. They keep / show the LTE symbol still in the background. It should use wifi though when you use data (unless sending MMS).