Why won't my photos stay deleted - they repopulate a day later?

Nezzen

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
My photos won't stay deleted - they repopulate a day later!

I am having a frustrating issue on my new LG G4 H815. Any photos I take with the standard photo app appear in Google photos and the gallery. When I delete them from Google Photos, they also are erased from the gallery. BUT, the next day (about a 24 hour cycle it would seem), when I check both google photos and the gallery, the photos have repopulated. However, when I log into google photos online, those deleted photos are gone - so somehow the photos on my phone are not actually being deleted, even though appearing that way at first.

I have tried deleting from the gallery, but that doesn't seem to work either and also I WANT to delete these files across both my cloud storage on google photos and on the phone. I have also emptied the trash on google photos, but still the repopulation occurs the next day. I do have Flickr Auto-backup running, but have disabled it before with no change in result. I even bought a new SD card a few days ago because I read that could be the issue, but that has not helped. I also tried clearing the data under the media storage app to rebuild the media database (a suggestion on a different forum), but it didn't work.

Any suggestions? It is very frustrating to not be able to get rid of these pics on the SD card!

Drafty

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: My photos won't stay deleted - they repopulate a day later!

I wish I could help but I'm having the same trouble. Delete from gallery and file manager and then they reappear on restart. Please let me know if you have found a solution.

Posted via the Android Central App

Garen M

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: My photos won't stay deleted - they repopulate a day later!

If you are saving your photos in the SD card you will need to delete them first from your phone and then from Google photos online.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech