1. Aflaaaak's Avatar
    I've had iPods (Classic and Touch) for years, but have a love/hate relationship with Windows version iTunes. How well does iTunes play with the G4, and if not, nicely is there a better alternative I can use my current iTunes Library?
    07-16-2015 04:45 PM
  2. redlinecoatings's Avatar
    I have Google play on my G4 and on my laptop I have Google music manager. It auto syncs any and all songs from iTunes into Google play music. Works pretty good. If my wife downloads a song on her iphone, it's on my phone minutes later.
    Aflaaaak likes this.
    07-16-2015 04:47 PM
  3. FriendlyPear's Avatar
    I have Google play on my G4 and on my laptop I have Google music manager. It auto syncs any and all songs from iTunes into Google play music. Works pretty good. If my wife downloads a song on her iphone, it's on my phone minutes later.
    I use a similar setup. Google Music Manager will sync your local music to the cloud, and you can then steam it to phones, other computers, chromecast etc.
    Aflaaaak likes this.
    07-16-2015 04:59 PM
  4. Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Also recommend a spin through this:

    How to get your iTunes music onto Android | Android Central
    Almeuit, KPMcClave, cwbcpa and 2 others like this.
    07-16-2015 05:24 PM
  5. Aflaaaak's Avatar
    Thanks guys!
    07-16-2015 07:18 PM
  6. f1nzup's Avatar
    iSyncr! Works great! 👍

    Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
    KPMcClave likes this.
    07-16-2015 11:05 PM
  7. KPMcClave's Avatar
    I agree on iSyncr.
    07-17-2015 12:19 AM
  8. Aflaaaak's Avatar
    Taking a little vacation and will keep my iPod Classic as my default player for now, so I don't have to master another new thing at the moment. Probably look at iSyncr since I don't want to have to stream all the time, but haven't picked up a Micro SD card yet to load my library onto.

    I guess the money's not worth it for Google to create a true competitor to iTunes. Like a lot of iStuff, Apple does a great job with 80% of it, and the other 20% I absolutely can't stand.

    A little surprised iTunes isn't available for Android, but guess Steve explains it and Apple's philosophy best himself...
    "We thought about whether we should do a music client for Android. We put iTunes on Windows to sell more iPods. But I don’t see an advantage of putting our own music app on Android, except to make Android users happy. And I don’t want to make Android users happy"
    sswitzer likes this.
    07-17-2015 09:29 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2015, 10:00 AM
  2. Is there any ideas when the Note 4 will go down in price?
    By jlost in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-21-2015, 12:19 PM
  3. How do I play .mov files on my Samsung tablet ?
    By AC Question in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2015, 12:10 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2015, 05:26 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2015, 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD