WiFi issues after VZW 6-30-2015 update?

evan34

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the VZW update on June 30th, my WiFi has been terrible. At home, I can no longer get a stable connection in rooms that I was able to before the update. At work, it will barely connect and when it does, the speed is measured in KBs. I checked a 2 other friends' places and the signal is much weaker and I have been using LTE much more because of this. All have been 2.4GHz and I have reset/removed the WiFi connections on my phone and there is no difference. Is anyone else seeing the same thing? Also want to mention that I have power-cycled my phone and pulled the battery. I have not done a hard reset and I know everyone will say that I should do this. My big issue is that it is a very time consuming process and I really don't want to have to start from scratch. I used the LG Backup utility to migrate from my G3 and it failed/stalled on multiple tries so I ended up starting over on the G4.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does that phone have any kind of "connection optimizer" app? Or go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu>Advanced, and see if there's an option there for "wi-fi optimization." If there is, turn it off​, since wi-fi optimization is meant to preserve battery, not to improve your wi-fi connection.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Contact Verizon for support. They can send you a replacement. Wifi problems are not a known issue on this update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Then I would follow dpham00's advice and contact Verizon. Let them know their own update is causing problems.

ryanpm40

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the VZW update on June 30th, my WiFi has been terrible. At home, I can no longer get a stable connection in rooms that I was able to before the update. At work, it will barely connect and when it does, the speed is measured in KBs. I checked a 2 other friends' places and the signal is much weaker and I have been using LTE much more because of this. All have been 2.4GHz and I have reset/removed the WiFi connections on my phone and there is no difference. Is anyone else seeing the same thing? Also want to mention that I have power-cycled my phone and pulled the battery. I have not done a hard reset and I know everyone will say that I should do this. My big issue is that it is a very time consuming process and I really don't want to have to start from scratch. I used the LG Backup utility to migrate from my G3 and it failed/stalled on multiple tries so I ended up starting over on the G4.

Hmm I get a pretty stable internet connection, my problem is that the phone seems to have some DNS issues and after 15-30 mins, the WiFi connection loses internet but still stays connected to the router. Super annoying. I also have a Verizon G4 and I just got a replacement; both phones had this WiFi issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer