Ever since the VZW update on June 30th, my WiFi has been terrible. At home, I can no longer get a stable connection in rooms that I was able to before the update. At work, it will barely connect and when it does, the speed is measured in KBs. I checked a 2 other friends' places and the signal is much weaker and I have been using LTE much more because of this. All have been 2.4GHz and I have reset/removed the WiFi connections on my phone and there is no difference. Is anyone else seeing the same thing? Also want to mention that I have power-cycled my phone and pulled the battery. I have not done a hard reset and I know everyone will say that I should do this. My big issue is that it is a very time consuming process and I really don't want to have to start from scratch. I used the LG Backup utility to migrate from my G3 and it failed/stalled on multiple tries so I ended up starting over on the G4.
    07-16-2015 07:19 PM
    Does that phone have any kind of "connection optimizer" app? Or go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu>Advanced, and see if there's an option there for "wi-fi optimization." If there is, turn it off​, since wi-fi optimization is meant to preserve battery, not to improve your wi-fi connection.
    sswitzer likes this.
    07-16-2015 10:27 PM
    Contact Verizon for support. They can send you a replacement. Wifi problems are not a known issue on this update.
    07-17-2015 10:14 AM
    Hi B. Diddy,

I forgot to mention that I have turned off all "advanced" features, including Google wifi scanning.
    07-18-2015 12:04 PM
    Then I would follow dpham00's advice and contact Verizon. Let them know their own update is causing problems.
    07-18-2015 09:14 PM
    Ever since the VZW update on June 30th, my WiFi has been terrible. At home, I can no longer get a stable connection in rooms that I was able to before the update. At work, it will barely connect and when it does, the speed is measured in KBs. I checked a 2 other friends' places and the signal is much weaker and I have been using LTE much more because of this. All have been 2.4GHz and I have reset/removed the WiFi connections on my phone and there is no difference. Is anyone else seeing the same thing? Also want to mention that I have power-cycled my phone and pulled the battery. I have not done a hard reset and I know everyone will say that I should do this. My big issue is that it is a very time consuming process and I really don't want to have to start from scratch. I used the LG Backup utility to migrate from my G3 and it failed/stalled on multiple tries so I ended up starting over on the G4.
    Hmm I get a pretty stable internet connection, my problem is that the phone seems to have some DNS issues and after 15-30 mins, the WiFi connection loses internet but still stays connected to the router. Super annoying. I also have a Verizon G4 and I just got a replacement; both phones had this WiFi issue.
    07-19-2015 08:28 AM