Problem receiving texts ?

floss776

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
So I'm being told by people who try to text me that it keeps telling them it isn't sending. at first I thought I was being ignored lol, but at a party last night people asked me why I keep texting them and not responding back. It's not everyone, but definitely people I text often. The ones who said this have iPhones. But most of my friends do, and they aren't all having problems with this. This could be a huge problem for me not knowing who got my texts or not because I do sales. I've had this phone since release.

I do have an s6e and occasionally I'll swap phones out for the week depending what I'm doing. No it's not an imessage problem, I haven't used an iPhone in almost a year. I started noticing this with the G4 a few weeks ago. with my s6e I'm receiving texts way more often it seems or at least on time, not hours later (something I caught on to as well). Has anyone had something like this happen to them ? Any recommendations? I love my G4, but after learning this now I'm going to have to s6e my edge as my daily driver which I wouldn't like to do.

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Are your friends with iPhones sending the messages as regular SMS or as IMessages? If they're sending as iMessages, you'll never receive them. They need to send as regular SMS.

mikea3000

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the same exact problem. I've had my iPhone friends delete their messaging threads and still nothing. It's very random and happens more often with mms. Never had this issue with my note 4. It concerns me a lot because I can't afford to miss messages. I've also had issue getting pictures messages from other Android users. On occasion I get those messages days later. It's not my sim card.

floss776

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Are your friends with iPhones sending the messages as regular SMS or as IMessages? If they're sending as iMessages, you'll never receive them. They need to send as regular SMS.

Yes, most of the time they're not checking to make sure it sends so hours later or the next day I'll get a response. After one time or two times of doing this, it should automatically adjust right? It's not. I forgot to add this, my dad (owner of the company I work for, and my boss) who has an s6 , has sent me some texts and I haven't gotten all of them, and he'll tell me he texted me and shows me the message. He's always been with android too. Can swapping my sim card between 2 different android phones every couple weeks cause this problem? Extremely nervous if this could effect phone calls too, creating a big problem with work.

floss776

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I have the same exact problem. I've had my iPhone friends delete their messaging threads and still nothing. It's very random and happens more often with mms. Never had this issue with my note 4. It concerns me a lot because I can't afford to miss messages. I've also had issue getting pictures messages from other Android users. On occasion I get those messages days later. It's not my sim card.

This exactly ! It's extremely random, not all the time. I actually replaced my sim card thinking it was that.

floss776

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I have been having this exact problem since getting these G4s. There's a thread here about the issue. SIM cards and phones replaced and the issue persists. Honestly it's driving us away from this phone.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=538029

I'm switching back to my s6e today. I'll try to call LG and get a refund because now I'm worried about missing texts or notifications deeply impacting my job over the last couple months. I work off only commission, and like to tell my clients to only text me if they can at certain periods of the day. I honestly thought I was going to come on here and be the only one with this problem and be told a way to fix.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I've had this exact problem with my G3. I love the phone but this will be my last LG phone for this reason.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
This is probably not the case, but are any of you having issues, particularly with MMS messages, using the DNSet app? If so, MMS messages do not go through when using it. In my case, I never got error messages when sending a pic to someone, so it took me a while to even realize there was a problem. SMS seemed to work fine.

DNSet (in the Play Store) is used as a workaround for issues folks with Comcast modems have had. I tried it to see if it gave me any performance boost (it did seem to slightly from running Ookla Speedtest). I uninstalled it once I discovered the MMS issue. I figure there may be a way to enter settings somewhere to correct this, but I didn't bother.

FYI, I'm on Verizon.