07-23-2015 08:29 AM
37 12
tools
    I tried to get the battery guru app (made by Qualcomm, but called Snapdragon BatteryGuru), and it says that it's not compatible with my device (the G4). How did you get/install this?

Also, who makes that Clean Master app? If it can tell you which apps are kicking off Android System, I want it, but I want to make sure I get the right one.
    Just to check I installed it. It works just fine.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    07-21-2015 04:02 PM
    Just to check I installed it. It works just fine.

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07...a3a72255ab.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    It must be a carrier thing. I'm on Verizon and when I go to the Play Store and bring up the BatteryGuru, it says it's not compatible with my device.
    07-21-2015 06:25 PM
    Ok seeing a couple others on this thread with international versions with no bloatware and no lag, I think I'm convinced enough to give it a shot and get one of them. I'll compare it with the at&t version and see if there's a difference. I'm just a little on edge about what others tolerance for lag/missed taps are. Cause my tolerance is super low unfortunately :/

Posted via the Android Central App
    Anthony_NE likes this.
    07-21-2015 10:17 PM
    Turning off animations does not resolve lag. All that does is reduce the speed of or disable animations entirely. Lag can still happen.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
    07-21-2015 10:33 PM
    Turning off animations does not resolve lag. All that does is reduce the speed of or disable animations entirely. Lag can still happen.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
    Exactly. And definitely doesn't resolve missed taps.

TheMarcus likes this.
    07-21-2015 10:51 PM
    I swear the lag is carrier software dependant. I have seen a fair amount of AT&T users complaining, as well as some others from various US carriers. I am on Rogers in Canada, and my H812 is butter. I never have to reboot it. I do maybe once a week out of habit, but I don't HAVE to. Yes, there are some Rogers apps pre-installed, but they can all be completely UNINSTALLED, not just disabled and hidden. Rogers doesn't seem to force their bloatware to be system apps like the US carriers. I know the H812 comes with 10c out of the box, whereas the US carriers seem to be getting updated to 10b now. I have no idea what the differences are, but maybe we already have the fixes here as the Canadian G4 came out a month after the US models.

We do still have minor touchscreen issues however, so that isn't fixed yet. Although, with SGS and switching to the Google keyboard, it's a non issue (on mine).
    sswitzer likes this.
    07-21-2015 11:23 PM
    It must be a carrier thing. I'm on Verizon and when I go to the Play Store and bring up the BatteryGuru, it says it's not compatible with my device.
    What a bunch of Nazis... Maybe try downloading the APK. There are services online (free of course) where you put the link and it gets you the APK to install. Your device is 100% compatible with it!

Edit: Here's a direct link http://fr.apkhere.com/app/com.xiam.snapdragon.app
    greydarrah likes this.
    07-22-2015 12:02 AM
    This is a pretty thin hypothesis but I think Play Services might be the culprit. I noticed last night that P.S. was number one on my battery usage list, which I hadn't seen before. I uninstalled all updates, reinstalled, and rebooted, and all noticeable lag is gone. I'm only going on about 12 hours since so time will tell, but my guess is whatever in P.S. may be causing this will slowly creep back up and the lag will return. Until then...
    sswitzer likes this.
    07-22-2015 08:10 AM
    This is a pretty thin hypothesis but I think Play Services might be the culprit. I noticed last night that P.S. was number one on my battery usage list, which I hadn't seen before. I uninstalled all updates, reinstalled, and rebooted, and all noticeable lag is gone. I'm only going on about 12 hours since so time will tell, but my guess is whatever in P.S. may be causing this will slowly creep back up and the lag will return. Until then...
    Interesting. Do you have auto update on? I have learn from previous experience on my Galaxy Note 2 that auto update on apps (including the Android ones) are bad. I don't think the developers test it very well on all the different version of Android devices. So I have mostly stocked version of Android apps like Google Maps, Google+, etc...

Unless I read about some amazing new version of an app update, I don't update any app at all. If it is working there is no reason to try out a new version with bug fixes that I have never noticed anyway.
    07-22-2015 08:48 AM
    I wish I had the international version. Fortunately, the carrier versions in the states can be tweaked by disabling apps, uninstalls and whatnot. My T-Mobile G4 runs quite fasts now.

Jonneh and GrooveRite like this.
    07-22-2015 12:05 PM
    Weird. I got it from the Play Store and I'm on Verizon?
    07-23-2015 07:32 AM

* Search online or YouTube on how to get to developers mode. Once you're in developers mode, go in developer's tab and turn off all transitions and screen effects
    >First, you’ll need to enable access to the hidden “Developer options” menu on your Android phone. To do that, simply tap the “About phone” option in Settings. Then tap “Build number” seven times and you’re done. Now you can just back out to the main Settings menu and you’ll find Developer options somewhere near the bottom of the list.

==>Now that you’re done with that part, let the real fun begins. Tap the new Developer options menu you just enabled and scroll until you see the following three settings (note that they may be located within an “Advanced” subsection):

Window animation scale
    Transition animation scale
    Animator animation scale

==>Did you see them? By default, each of those three options is set to “1x” but tapping them and changing them to “.5x” will dramatically speed up your phone. This harmless tweak forces the device to speed up all transition animations, and the entire user experience is faster and smoother as a result.
    First thing I did this morning was disable everything I could disable in the application manager.
    Then I set the animations all to off.
    Finally I removed the Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Lag seems to have cleared up. Thank you both for the advice! It's as smooth as it can be.
    07-23-2015 08:29 AM
37 12