Your thoughts on these accessories?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm thinking of getting some stuff for my LG G4.

I'm thinking of getting an extra wallwart that supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0, a tripod (the LG G4 has a wonderful camera, and I take pictures with it quite often, so a tripod for stable, noise-free low-light shots is a must) and a rubberized bumper case to protect it from drops while keeping the leather back exposed to feel. Note that I usually change my phone's battery every 3 days or so, so I wanna know if a rubber bumper is going to make it much more difficult to do so and whether it may damage the phone's exterior by removing it and putting it back in regularly.

So far, I have these 3. Your thoughts on them?

1) Anker Quick Charge 2.0 wallwart
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charge-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4564810

2) Abacus 24-7 LG G4 bumper case
http://www.amazon.com/Bumper-Abacus...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4564810

3) URPOWER smartphone/camera tripod
http://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Cell...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4564810

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the bumper but mine is generic that I got off eBay for $4.99. I like it a lot. Protection plus can still enjoy the leather.

Any QC 2.0 charger should be fine. I haven't used that specific one but it seems to get good reviews.

No thoughts on the tripod as I haven't looked at any.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the bumper but mine is generic that I got off eBay for $4.99. I like it a lot. Protection plus can still enjoy the leather.

Any QC 2.0 charger should be fine. I haven't used that specific one but it seems to get good reviews.

No thoughts on the tripod as I haven't looked at any.

I got that bumper too; I remember asking you about yours. I got a yellow one to see how it'd look with the yellow leather back, but, they're different shades of yellow, so it looks a little silly. I do like the black one I put on with my red leather back, though. The red and black look alright together.

I've been carrying it around telling everyone it is my banana-phone for a couple days now with this combination, however:

IMG_20150721_012754.jpg

I also make several "banana in my pocket or am I just happy to see you" jokes per hour. I'm not liked very much at work.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I also have the same bumper case (also off eBay for like $4). The only think I don't like about it with the leather back is the lip doesn't really fit over the front. But have no problem with it staying in the phone and it's easy enough to take off to change the battery.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I got that bumper too; I remember asking you about yours. I got a yellow one to see how it'd look with the yellow leather back, but, they're different shades of yellow, so it looks a little silly. I do like the black one I put on with my red leather back, though. The red and black look alright together.

I've been carrying it around telling everyone it is my banana-phone for a couple days now with this combination, however:

View attachment 187920

I also make several "banana in my pocket or am I just happy to see you" jokes per hour. I'm not liked very much at work.

Heh, now that you mention it, it does look like a banana.

If it was a G Flex 2, it would almost literally look like one! XD

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm thinking of getting an extra wallwart that supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0, a tripod (the LG G4 has a wonderful camera, and I take pictures with it quite often, so a tripod for stable, noise-free low-light shots is a must) and a rubberized bumper case to protect it from drops while keeping the leather back exposed to feel. Note that I usually change my phone's battery every 3 days or so, so I wanna know if a rubber bumper is going to make it much more difficult to do so and whether it may damage the phone's exterior by removing it and putting it back in regularly.

Amazon.com: Anker Quick Charge 2.0 18W USB Turbo USB Wall Charger for Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Note 4 / Edge, Nexus 6, HTC M9, Xperia Z3 / Z2, Moto X and More (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

http://www.amazon.com/Bumper-Abacus...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4565526

http://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Cell...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4565526

Gave you a THANKS for finding a TPU bumper case that isn't $30!!!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 187920

6473316-3x2-940x627.jpg

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site

View attachment 187920

This is great! Haha 😂 as far as the yellow goes love the leather. The bumper does look silly. Maybe try a black one?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Dont get me started. New phone means new acessories. I already purchased a cual con 2.0 wall wart as well as car charger OtterBox Commuter case. Have a urban
Armor gear case on the way along with a Qi charger. Hope my wife dont see this

Posted via the Android Central App

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Oh and i almost forgot a Dband carbon fiber skin and still waiting on LG promotional battery and leather back

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have that Anker quick charge 2.0 wall charger. I like it because it shows you when you are utilizing quick charge 2.0. The light indicator turns green

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I love accessories for my electronics! I'm hoping to get an arm band for the phone and a screen protector.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I have that Anker quick charge 2.0 wall charger. I like it because it shows you when you are utilizing quick charge 2.0. The light indicator turns green

That's why I chose it over the rest. Takes the guesswork out of knowing whether your phone is using QC 2.0 or not.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site

BANANA!! :)

I have the Aukey QC 2.0 charger. No light to tell you how it's charging (no light at all), but I like it.

I bought a G4 arm band off eBay (US seller) for about $7. Haven't gotten to use it yet, but it fit well when I tried putting it on.

Note, however, that the proximity sensors seemed to notice the clear plastic film, so double tapping to turn it on was not working. And even using the power button was difficult. I might need to cut out the clear plastic where it covers the proximity sensors. One time I think the plastic sat nice and tight against the screen, then the proximity sensors behaved normally, but that was the exception, not the rule.

Edit- I bought the armband here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251964792038?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=550832192365&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited:

russ8128

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I also have that Anker QC. Love their products. Always have good luck with them and great service when I don't. Lots of similar ones on Amazon but I tend to stick with Anker. I also have that bumper case. So far I like it ($7 vs the $30 one that was previously on Amazon). The front lip is a bit too small but otherwise I like it. Nice and smooth, no plastic sharp areas and it's easy to take on/off for battery switching, etc.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

Amazon.com: Anker Quick Charge 2.0 18W USB Turbo USB Wall Charger for Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Note 4 / Edge, Nexus 6, HTC M9, Xperia Z3 / Z2, Moto X and More (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: LG G4 Bumper Case, Abacus24-7 LG G4 Bumper [TPU Frame, Edge Protect, Open Back] Black Slim Case for LG G4 Smartphone: Cell Phones & Accessories

http://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Cell...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4566220

Tripod - doesn't look like you can take portrait shots with it. Otherwise my be good.

I got this one
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4566220

and this Amazon.com: Shoulderpod S1 Professional Smartphone Rig, Tripod Mount, Filmmaker Grip, and Traveler Stand, with adjustable grip to fit all Smartphones - extremely durable, ultra portable and easy to use tool for serious Smartphone Photographers: Cell

Pretty happy with this setup.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Got my carbon fiber skin on. Looks bad a$$

Show us! :)

I love accessories for my electronics! I'm hoping to get an arm band for the phone and a screen protector.

If you wind up getting an armband, let me know what you get and how you like it! I am interested in one for workouts.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
This is great! Haha ?????? as far as the yellow goes love the leather. The bumper does look silly. Maybe try a black one?

IMG_20150717_140405.jpgIMG_20150721_012754.jpgIMG_20150722_000747.jpg

Alright May, give us your *~*~*Maypinion*~*~* please. Obviously none at all looks the best, especially when dealing with such a weird color as yellow, but if I had to choose for the protection...? :p

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
If you had to choose go with the black bumper. Looks way better! And I love the maypinion! Haha

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos