New LG G4 not powering on after previously powering on

Kude

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I just bought my phone last week, and it just arrived today. I bought it completely unlocked off of Amazon, intending to use straight talk as my carrier. But, while preforming some basic setup, the phone just shut off. It will not turn back on, and the charging light will not come on. I have tried other controllers, sockets, and even my computer as a source for power. Every once in a while, maybe after an hour of the battery being removed, I can get the phone to vibrate when I hold the power button, though nothing aside from that. I called LG, and they led me through some basic troubleshooting, then said my phone was not covered by the warranty and that they could not help me. Any suggestions?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry that you're having issues with your new G4.

Have you tried plugging it into the wall charger for at least 8 hours and see what happens? Perhaps the battery drained, and it needs time to recharge.

Kude

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
That was my plan overnight. The battery does give me that minor response after an hour, so my hope is that it will help. In the meantime, if no fixes work, I will just return it to Amazon and get a new one. I'd prefer to avoid that though, as the last one took 10 days to arrive!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
That was my plan overnight. The battery does give me that minor response after an hour, so my hope is that it will help. In the meantime, if no fixes work, I will just return it to Amazon and get a new one. I'd prefer to avoid that though, as the last one took 10 days to arrive!
Good luck! I hope that works for you. Please keep us posted.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
You bought one of the international models that was imported? If so I'd be very disappointed to hear that about LG.

Kude

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I did. I asked LG to make sure beforehand, and they told me that I would have no problems with it. I also read through the warranty that came in the instruction manual, and saw absolutely nothing about international phones not being covered by the warranty. But that's neither here nor there. This morning, I put the battery back in, and the phone started to turn back on. Then, after the LG screen disappeared, it just crashed again. I think I will just return it and get a replacement. Good think Amazon is more decent then LG I guess...

Kude

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I do have another question. Is it possible that the charger that came in the box is what broke it? Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the charger is one which is made for a foreign outlet with a converter slapped on. Is it possible that that had an adverse effect? Should I try another micro USB charger which I know to work, such as my Kindle charger?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma