07-28-2015 09:53 PM
27 12
tools
    My brother has the iPhone 6 and he's jealous of the pics I take with my G4. It's funny to hear and see him talk about my phone and my camera. So much for the 'shot on iPhone 6'.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-26-2015 02:49 AM
    Jeremiah, how about using #ShotonAndroid?
    the tall guy and maybish like this.
    07-26-2015 02:56 AM
    The G4 has a nice camera for sure.

from the Elegance
    07-26-2015 03:20 AM
    Just started using #shotonlgg4 #shotonandroid

07-26-2015 07:30 AM
    My brother has the iPhone 6 and he's jealous of the pics I take with my G4. It's funny to hear and see him talk about my phone and my camera. So much for the 'shot on iPhone 6'.

Considering how much newer the G4 is it would want to be better. We will see how it stands up against the 6s in a few months.
    07-26-2015 08:18 AM
    The G4 is better compared against the iPhone 6 Plus, not the 6. They both have OIS. IMO, the G4 does take slightly better pics but the key word here is slightly. Its also somewhat newer and I'm sure LG was targeting the 6 Pluses camera but I doubt Apple even knows LG exists (okay, I'm exaggerating, Apple knows LG makes phones).

from the Elegance
    07-26-2015 08:32 AM
    The G4 takes better pics than both of the iPhones, where the G4 separates itself is in the manual mode and the front facing camera. Although there are apps such as Camera Pro on iOS that give you controls similar to manual mode, but not in the native app. The front facing camera on the G4 beats the pants off the iPhone.

cwbcpa likes this.
    07-26-2015 12:13 PM
    The G4 is better compared against the iPhone 6 Plus, not the 6. They both have OIS. IMO, the G4 does take slightly better pics but the key word here is slightly. Its also somewhat newer and I'm sure LG was targeting the 6 Pluses camera but I doubt Apple even knows LG exists (okay, I'm exaggerating, Apple knows LG makes phones).

from the Elegance
    ??

07-26-2015 12:47 PM
    ??

I was exaggerating to make the point that LG spends their time targeting and try to compete against Apple, while Apples seems to largely ignore that LG exists in the phone market. I think Apple pays a little more attention to Samsung but not a whole heck of a lot. Its customers are a largely a loyal crowd. There are less of us that play both sides of the fence. In the end we wind up with phones that are increasingly capable. So, after this Fall, months later we'll have phones that best the iPhone in some areas, and that's to be expected since that's the intent. It is my opinion that Apple doesn't pay their competition too much attention and instead focuses more on besting their own previous generation. That's not to say they're blind to what the public wants (cough, iPhone 6 Plus, cough). Soon, Apple will release the next iterations and LG, Samsung, and others will be focusing on how to, next Spring, best what Apple releases this Fall. It's good for us consumers, keeps things interesting and gives us increasingly capable devices.

from the Elegance
    Aflaaaak likes this.
    07-26-2015 01:15 PM
    The G4 takes better pics than both of the iPhones, where the G4 separates itself is in the manual mode and the front facing camera. Although there are apps such as Camera Pro on iOS that give you controls similar to manual mode, but not in the native app. The front facing camera on the G4 beats the pants off the iPhone.

I have a feeling that not a lot of people use manual mode on the phone. I know some do, but I have sneaking feeling that most don't. So, while it may result in some better pics, if most phone users (including G4 owners) don't use manual mode on their phone's camera that advantage may be lost on most owners. I do think the G4's camera is splendid but I don't think so good it's gonna pull anyone that was considering an S6 or iPhone 6 Plus away. It's just nice to have if you happen to have chosen the G4.

from the Elegance
    07-26-2015 02:59 PM

from the Elegance
    These kind of comments are somewhat hilarious. Wait till next year! LOL Isn't that what the Cubbies always say?
    oldschoolsig likes this.
    07-26-2015 06:08 PM

The crop bezel surrounding the "shot on iphone" is almost as big as the bezel sourrounding 2012 screen on the iphone. The bigger the white bezel on your TV, the less chance of seeing the video's limitations. On my 60 inch, looks like hell.
    07-26-2015 06:18 PM
    I have a feeling that not a lot of people use manual mode on the phone. I know some do, but I have sneaking feeling that most don't. So, while it may result in some better pics, if most phone users (including G4 owners) don't use manual mode on their phone's camera that advantage may be lost on most owners. I do think the G4's camera is splendid but I don't think so good it's gonna pull anyone that was considering an S6 or iPhone 6 Plus away. It's just nice to have if you happen to have chosen the G4.

from the Elegance
    My point is that having the capability without having to download an app is pretty cool. For those that choose not to use it, the auto mode is pretty awesome, but not enough reason to lure customers from iPhones or Galaxies.

07-26-2015 08:42 PM
    I'm coming from a 6 plus and the G4 out shoots it's by far. The G4 has the best point and click camera on any phone on the market currently
    07-26-2015 09:19 PM
    These kind of comments are somewhat hilarious. Wait till next year! LOL Isn't that what the Cubbies always say?
    You're talking about phones from different years. Wait until all the phones made in 2015 come out and you can talk about who has the best camera on a smart phone from the same generation. Its like comparing a 6+ to a G2.
    tadpoles and Will6371 like this.
    07-26-2015 10:26 PM
    Yes, it just like Shooting by the SLR cameras.
    07-27-2015 02:44 AM
    I was exaggerating to make the point that LG spends their time targeting and try to compete against Apple, while Apples seems to largely ignore that LG exists in the phone market. I think Apple pays a little more attention to Samsung but not a whole heck of a lot. Its customers are a largely a loyal crowd. There are less of us that play both sides of the fence. In the end we wind up with phones that are increasingly capable. So, after this Fall, months later we'll have phones that best the iPhone in some areas, and that's to be expected since that's the intent. It is my opinion that Apple doesn't pay their competition too much attention and instead focuses more on besting their own previous generation. That's not to say they're blind to what the public wants (cough, iPhone 6 Plus, cough). Soon, Apple will release the next iterations and LG, Samsung, and others will be focusing on how to, next Spring, best what Apple releases this Fall. It's good for us consumers, keeps things interesting and gives us increasingly capable devices.

from the Elegance
    Apple pays a lot of attention to the competition. Where they were once innovators they are now copy cats. Their notification tray? The iPhone 6 plus is targeting note users. They thought wholeheartedly that no phone should be larger than 4 inches. And their last two phoned were all larger. I'm not saying that all other companies are original.... Far from it! But to say that Apple doesn't care about their competition is just silly. All they do is see their competition and copy. The same for Samsung, Sony, LG, etc. Hardly anyone is original anymore xD. It's a shame really. I really liked some of those standout phones from years past.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    07-27-2015 04:54 AM
    You're talking about phones from different years. Wait until all the phones made in 2015 come out and you can talk about who has the best camera on a smart phone from the same generation. Its like comparing a 6+ to a G2.
    I could give a crap about what generation something is. What is available? That is what you compare to. Based on your reasoning we could never compare phones unless the are released at the same time. When the new iphone comes out android fans would say, well you are comparing to a 6 month old phone.......
    07-27-2015 07:41 AM
    I could give a crap about what generation something is. What is available? That is what you compare to. Based on your reasoning we could never compare phones unless the are released at the same time. When the new iphone comes out android fans would say, well you are comparing to a 6 month old phone.......
    I think comparing to phones released in the same calendar year is reasonable or you could be comparing to all phones ever released.

from the Elegance
    07-27-2015 08:15 AM
    Haha. I saw an article the other day comparing the Note 4 to the iPhone 6s Plus. I thought what the? Let's compare a phone that nobody really knows what it's gonna be to a phone that will be upgraded around the same time the 6s Plus is released. Silly bloggers.
    07-27-2015 10:55 AM
    I think comparing to phones released in the same calendar year is reasonable or you could be comparing to all phones ever released.

from the Elegance
    How is that reasonable? What is the rationale to compare only to phones of the same calendar year? Of course you compare to all phones ever released. How is that not reasonable? The question is what phone has the best camera? I don't give points for a phone being old.
    07-27-2015 12:19 PM
    It hasn't been a full year since the iPhone released.. who cares if it released Dec. 31st or Jan 1st?
    07-27-2015 01:14 PM
    Mod Note - Just a reminder to keep things civil. No reason to go after one another.

Use the report button if a post is out of line. If you don't agree with something said remember you don't have to respond.

Thanks!
    07-27-2015 08:32 PM
    If anything, the G3 came out before the iPhone 6+, of which I had both phones... and the G3 camera was far better, as is the G4 camera. Having said that.. Apple will always fail as long as they dangle the carrot with "New features" and still have the same 8MP camera... There is a saying, you can't compensate for cubic inches, this is the same for megapixels...
    07-28-2015 07:40 PM
    If anything, the G3 came out before the iPhone 6+, of which I had both phones... and the G3 camera was far better, as is the G4 camera. Having said that.. Apple will always fail as long as they dangle the carrot with "New features" and still have the same 8MP camera... There is a saying, you can't compensate for cubic inches, this is the same for megapixels...
    megapixels are largely irrelevant, it's 90% about the sensor. megapixels just means larger image being captured. I high megapixel (resolution) with a crappy sensor will always look worse than a lower megapixel with a better sensor.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    tadpoles likes this.
    07-28-2015 08:04 PM
27 12