I just got my spare battery, SD card and battery charger from the promo for buying the G4. Should I swap the batteries on a daily (or other) frequency to keep both batteries used the same amount? Thanks.
    07-26-2015 11:18 PM
    I usually swap them monthly. Fully charge the one you take out and keep it with you in some kind of plastic pouch (even a couple of baggies will be enough to keep loose change or keys from shorting the terminals). Then if the one in the phone drops to 40%, swap them. (Try to never drop a lithium battery lower than 40%.) I still have a pair of 11 year old batteries for my spare phone that give me about 95% capacity.

If you're going to store one of them for a long time, let it drop to 40% before you put it away and keep checking it every month or two. If it drops to 30%, charge it back to 40%. (At 40%, it self-discharges slower than if you start at 100%.)
    07-27-2015 12:20 AM
    I have three batteries; the original that came with my phone, the battery "promo" battery and the second battery promo that was mistakenly sent to me. :-) I've numbered them 1, 2, 3 and swap them out every few days. Funny thing I noticed it #2 consistently lasts longer than the other two batteries.

David
    maybish likes this.
    07-27-2015 07:44 AM
    I have three batteries; the original that came with my phone, the battery "promo" battery and the second battery promo that was mistakenly sent to me. :-) I've numbered them 1, 2, 3 and swap them out every few days. Funny thing I noticed it #2 consistently lasts longer than the other two batteries.

David
    I had my first G4 replaced and they gave me a new sealed G4 but only took back the main body of the original one so I have a spare everything except phone. I also find a difference in the two batteries, same with my Note 4 when I had it. With the note 4 I used to swap them every charge but tat was because the spare battery came with a charger/holder.
    07-27-2015 12:19 PM
    I just got my spare battery, SD card and battery charger from the promo for buying the G4. Should I swap the batteries on a daily (or other) frequency to keep both batteries used the same amount? Thanks.
    I run through the first battery about early afternoon and then i swap.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-27-2015 12:45 PM
    With the note 4 I used to swap them every charge but tat was because the spare battery came with a charger/holder.
    I was prepared to do that but thinking about having to remove the case and then the cover daily I figure might be a bit annoying after awhile. I do have a charger that was part of the promo so I can charge the spare one before making the swap. I think I like the idea of swapping monthly. And keeping the spare on me in case there is a time where circumstances find me with a very low battery and out and about.
    Aflaaaak likes this.
    07-27-2015 06:50 PM
    Aye, I plan to swap probably once per month... I'd be prone to probably breaking the snaps for the back cover if I was constantly removing it every other charge cycle lol

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    07-28-2015 06:00 AM
    I am not sure if swapping it monthly will do anything since I don't think I would keep the phone for more than 3 years. I think I may just swap it after 18 months or something.
    07-28-2015 10:01 AM
    I usually swap them monthly. Fully charge the one you take out and keep it with you in some kind of plastic pouch (even a couple of baggies will be enough to keep loose change or keys from shorting the terminals).
    The charger that comes from the LG promo is more easily pocketable than a loose battery in a couple baggies. It would appear the charger was (well) designed to be pocketable with the battery inside. No need for baggies.
    07-28-2015 11:02 AM
    How long did it take to get the battery with this promo. I did mine last Wednesday so I know it will be while.
    07-28-2015 03:31 PM
    How long did it take to get the battery with this promo. I did mine last Wednesday so I know it will be while.
    Another member posted just receiving theirs, and the time was about 20 days as I recall.
    jlost likes this.
    07-28-2015 03:34 PM
    Another member posted just receiving theirs, and the time was about 20 days as I recall.
    That's not bad.
    07-28-2015 03:46 PM

David
    Was wondering if I was the only one that got the battery & microSD card as promised, then got another battery & microSD card in an unexpected package about 2 weeks later.

Flush with batteries & storage... makes my inner geek smile :-).

Keeping one in my backpack as a spare, should I ever need more juice & not have access to charger and/or outlet (hasn't happened yet, no trouble getting through the day on one charge so far), & one is in a drawer at home. Probably won't replace the original until it's capacity will no longer get me through a long day.
    07-28-2015 08:22 PM