08-17-2015 03:28 PM
66 123
tools
    I got the black leather G4 and I am expecting the free cover and battery in the mail. My submission was just approved today so I'm not sure how long until it ships? I requested Red, Orange or Blue so I'm not sure what color I will get! Surprise me, LOL!
    08-13-2015 12:29 PM
    I got the black leather G4 and I am expecting the free cover and battery in the mail. My submission was just approved today so I'm not sure how long until it ships? I requested Red, Orange or Blue so I'm not sure what color I will get! Surprise me, LOL!
    The red is very classy (words I never thought I'd say).
    Funky Diver likes this.
    08-13-2015 02:11 PM
    Just a reminder that today is the last day to submit the July leather back + battery promo forms.
    dungoyle likes this.
    08-14-2015 02:54 PM
    Just a reminder that today is the last day to submit the July leather back + battery promo forms.
    Not applicable to me, but thanks for the PSA on behalf of the community.
    08-14-2015 03:47 PM
    Late to the party but finally ordered a black leather back from ebay. I THINK I found one without the bandLTE weird branding on it, at least it wasn't in the pics. All set with paying the prices the US sellers are asking for.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-15-2015 06:40 AM
    Tan leather and red leather.

08-15-2015 07:00 AM
    Black leather.

Covered up with the Spigen Slim Armor case.
    08-15-2015 10:30 AM
    I have the metallic gray back that came with the phone, and got the red leather case yesterday from the LG promotion. Really love the feel of the leather in my hand. So far I haven't put my clear case back on. Wonder how long I'll risk keeping it naked?

Sent from my Sprint LG G4 using Tapatalk.
    08-15-2015 11:20 AM
    I am too nervous to keep using my leather back with no case at all

I normally use my plastic back and Spigen Slim case.

I had my phone in my shirt pocket yesterday and bent down to pick something up. If the phone had slipped out of my pocket (the case also adds more grip), it would landed on the asphalt parking lot and probably would have damaged the edge of the phone, if not worse.

I think I'd need at least a bumper case installed to be more comfortable with it.
    08-15-2015 11:26 AM
    I am too nervous to keep using my leather back with no case at all

I normally use my plastic back and Spigen Slim case.

I had my phone in my shirt pocket yesterday and bent down to pick something up. If the phone had slipped out of my pocket (the case also adds more grip), it would landed on the asphalt parking lot and probably would have damaged the edge of the phone, if not worse.

I think I'd need at least a bumper case installed to be more comfortable with it.
    Yeah everybody is different when it comes to hanging on to their phone. In the last 3 years I don't think I have dropped my phone once, but my wife seems like she drops hers every day(s6). Leather backs are replaceable for $40 so I'm not worried about that. $7 glass screen protector on the front and handset insurance and I'm good without a case. I prefer to "see the great" and "feel the great" 😃. Stressing takes the fun out of it.

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App
    08-15-2015 01:39 PM
    Black leather, tan leather and a gray plastic on order. I'm gonna use it with a carbon skin. Tan leather is my because it's softer and gives better grip

08-15-2015 01:44 PM
    rdt595, you're probably right. I'm just chicken, I'm afraid

I'm careful about dropping my phones. I have a glass screen protector, and insurance. The back is replaceable, and the screen is protected.

With insurance, I'm protected against the "catastrophic" events. But I still don't want it to get dinged up (the type of damage that would bother me, but maybe not enough to justify a $150 insurance deductible).

In my example, it probably would have landed on an edge, which I can't protect or replace easily, except for a case or bumper case.

But I should probably just try to relax a bit about this stuff
    08-15-2015 02:30 PM
    Black leather with a bumper. Love how minimal it is and the light weight. I also keep insurance with a $75 deductible.

Only one time so far that I wished I had a case and not for protection but for extra weight.

I was on the walkway of the Callaghan-Tillman Memorial Bridge looking at Hoover Dam and Lake Mead. To get a good picture you have to extend the phone a little over the railing which is quite scary with the wind blowing about 30 mph and a hundred people walking back and forth that could bump you. I was definitely wishing I was holding a brick instead.
    08-15-2015 04:01 PM
    rdt595, you're probably right. I'm just chicken, I'm afraid

I'm careful about dropping my phones. I have a glass screen protector, and insurance. The back is replaceable, and the screen is protected.

With insurance, I'm protected against the "catastrophic" events. But I still don't want it to get dinged up (the type of damage that would bother me, but maybe not enough to justify a $150 insurance deductible).

In my example, it probably would have landed on an edge, which I can't protect or replace easily, except for a case or bumper case.

But I should probably just try to relax a bit about this stuff
    Yeah I get what you're saying though. Sorta like door dings on your new black car!

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App
    08-15-2015 04:13 PM
    Anyone else seeing this on their promo cover? Notice the black corner. T is as if the color rubbed off. The other bottom corner looks OK, but the two top corners are showing the same wear issue. I've only been using this cover for a couple weeks. I would not expect this so soon. The black doesn't rub or scrape off, but it still feels leathery to my fingernail. :/

-SR-

Attached Thumbnails What back cover do you have?-31655.jpg  
    gendo667 likes this.
    08-17-2015 03:11 PM
    Oh yeah, that's gonna happen. Mine, as I'm sure most that aren't using a case, is doing that as well. And the edges are still leather. I have the tan leather from T Mobile. Other than the edges wearing, it's held up well. I have a black leather back from Korea as backup.
    08-17-2015 03:28 PM
66 123