What back cover do you have?

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Can you compare the curvature degree of the burgundy leather back to the black leather back.. are they the same (or very similar)??

Thanks!!
If there's a difference, I can't perceive it visually, and I made a concerted effort to look at them both very carefully (removed) side by side at every angle after reading your request to check. I can at least say with reasonable confidence that if there's a measurable difference, it would be so insignificant as to not make a difference with any accessories you're using.

Last edited:

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Any comments from people that switch between leather and plastic... Does the phone seem to run hotter with the leather back on? IE - Does the leather seem to insulate the backside more than the thin plastic back?

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
My orange leather back came in a few days ago. Love the way it looks but probably won't use it much since it makes taking the case off my phone a bit more difficult. Seeing as how I take the case and back cover off every day to swap batteries, that's a problem unfortunately.

gemgarden

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
If there's a difference, I can't perceive it visually, and I made a concerted effort to look at them both very carefully (removed) side by side at every angle after reading your request to check. I can at least say with reasonable confidence that if there's a measurable difference, it would be so insignificant as to not make a difference with any accessories you're using.

Thank you!!

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I got the black Verizon leather back with the phone. I recently received my LG promo cover in red (burgundy). I didn't realize the texture would be different, but I like it. I'm glad this phone has that curved screen because it encourages me to set the phone screen-down on the table during meetings at work so everyone else can admire my classy phone :)

-SR-

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
How is the blue? Is it a light blue? I'd prefer a darker color with the more-durable leather texture. The yellow sounds bright, as well as the orange. To me, it would be nice if the blue was a darker, deeper shade.

The blue is a "baby" blue. I ordered Orange from LG and got Blue. Figured it was free, so I'd keep it. Texture is nice. It's not slick. I wouldn't want it to be slick because I don't keep a case on it.

Found an Orange online. It should be here Monday.

0813151135.jpg

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the black leather G4 and I am expecting the free cover and battery in the mail. My submission was just approved today so I'm not sure how long until it ships? I requested Red, Orange or Blue so I'm not sure what color I will get! Surprise me, LOL!

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the black leather G4 and I am expecting the free cover and battery in the mail. My submission was just approved today so I'm not sure how long until it ships? I requested Red, Orange or Blue so I'm not sure what color I will get! Surprise me, LOL!
The red is very classy (words I never thought I'd say).

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Late to the party but finally ordered a black leather back from ebay. I THINK I found one without the bandLTE weird branding on it, at least it wasn't in the pics. All set with paying the prices the US sellers are asking for.

Posted via the Android Central App

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have the metallic gray back that came with the phone, and got the red leather case yesterday from the LG promotion. Really love the feel of the leather in my hand. So far I haven't put my clear case back on. Wonder how long I'll risk keeping it naked?

Sent from my Sprint LG G4 using Tapatalk.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I am too nervous to keep using my leather back with no case at all :)

I normally use my plastic back and Spigen Slim case.

I had my phone in my shirt pocket yesterday and bent down to pick something up. If the phone had slipped out of my pocket (the case also adds more grip), it would landed on the asphalt parking lot and probably would have damaged the edge of the phone, if not worse.

I think I'd need at least a bumper case installed to be more comfortable with it.

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I am too nervous to keep using my leather back with no case at all :)

I normally use my plastic back and Spigen Slim case.

I had my phone in my shirt pocket yesterday and bent down to pick something up. If the phone had slipped out of my pocket (the case also adds more grip), it would landed on the asphalt parking lot and probably would have damaged the edge of the phone, if not worse.

I think I'd need at least a bumper case installed to be more comfortable with it.

Yeah everybody is different when it comes to hanging on to their phone. In the last 3 years I don't think I have dropped my phone once, but my wife seems like she drops hers every day(s6). Leather backs are replaceable for $40 so I'm not worried about that. $7 glass screen protector on the front and handset insurance and I'm good without a case. I prefer to "see the great" and "feel the great" 😃. Stressing takes the fun out of it.

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21