Note 3 vs. LG G4? What's faster?

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Considering an upgrade from a Galaxy Note 3 to an LG G4.

Is one phone significantly better in performance than the other? Which one?

My note 3 is ok, but I'm kinda bored with it. I've never used a LG phone and hear the camera is great. Significantly better than my Note 3?

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

doc31

May 15, 2010
Visit site
G4 would definitely be faster than the note 3. It is faster than the note 4.

I find that hard to believe. Maybe on a fresh install. My g4 is getting slower by the day, I've never experienced this with a smartphone before. Hoping a hard reset will help

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I find that hard to believe. Maybe on a fresh install. My g4 is getting slower by the day, I've never experienced this with a smartphone before. Hoping a hard reset will help

There could be a problem with your g4.I have had 2 g4's and 2 note3's and my experience has been that the g4 is faster.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Considering an upgrade from a Galaxy Note 3 to an LG G4.

Is one phone significantly better in performance than the other? Which one?

My note 3 is ok, but I'm kinda bored with it. I've never used a LG phone and hear the camera is great. Significantly better than my Note 3?

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

I don't know about the Note3, but coming from a Note2 I can hardly believe I held on to that phone for so long. Both performance and camera compared to Note2 are like night and day. In particular, for the camera, the colours and light are much more accurate (not perfect, but really good).

Again, that's from a Note2, not the Note3.

p.s., your avatar photo is great :)

doc31

May 15, 2010
Visit site
There could be a problem with your g4.I have had 2 g4's and 2 note3's and my experience has been that the g4 is faster.
I was referring to it being father then a note 4... I haven't used one for a long period of time but I wouldn't say the g4 is faster then my m8. Maybe on par with my htc m7

gavo360

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I went from a note 3 to a G4. When i first got the G4 it didnt feel like a great jump but overall i'm happy with it. I do miss the s pen, even though i didnt use it daily it was just handy when needed.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I guess the other option is holding off on the LG G4 and see if Samsung introduces a Note-5-Active or Note-5-All-Day SKU which does contain a removable battery, despite their flagship seems not to have it.

Thoughts?

As I type that, I think I'm itch'n for a new phone and I could probably play the waiting game forever. I am interested in the LG's camera. I will be setting up 1 of the phones on my family plan for LG G4 so I will get a chance to fully try it out before deciding what phone I want. Who knows: I might just fall in love with LG !!

missouriexile

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I recently moved from the N3 to the G4.
The G4 is much faster and smoother.
Data and voice reception is very much better on the G4. Some things take a little getting used to but not a lot.
Happy with my move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37