Are you still happy with the g4?

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm not saying it would fix it but Wi-Fi calling worked flawlessly on my 6 Plus so it's difficult for me sit here and experience this. My galaxy s5 last year had flawless Wi-Fi calling as well. This isn't a new feature, it's been around for years.

For your S5, was it running Lollipop or Kitkat?

If WIFI calling is a key feature for you, and your carrier (that's who you should be complaining to) isn't helping you out, then it's probably time to head to a new phone, as I doubt any sort of fix is going to happen quickly enough to help.

By the way, is it your home WIFI that you're connecting to? If so, and you have control over the router, have you looked at this WIFI thread (referenced from the Common Issues sticky): http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/538812-wifi-issues.html My own solution was to switch to using 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz, while others have had pretty good luck fixing their problem by switching 5GHz channels.

Jaramie10

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
For your S5, was it running Lollipop or Kitkat?

If WIFI calling is a key feature for you, and your carrier (that's who you should be complaining to) isn't helping you out, then it's probably time to head to a new phone, as I doubt any sort of fix is going to happen quickly enough to help.

By the way, is it your home WIFI that you're connecting to? If so, and you have control over the router, have you looked at this WIFI thread (referenced from the Common Issues sticky): http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/538812-wifi-issues.html My own solution was to switch to using 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz, while others have had pretty good luck fixing their problem by switching 5GHz channels.

I've complained to t mobile multiple times and they are aware of the issues the g4 is having. I played with the 2.4GHZ over the 5GHZ and I haven't seen a diffeence. I have the t mobile Wi-Fi router too.

As for my s5, I'm not sure what it was running. I only kept it from May until September last year.

Posted via the Android Central App

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I'm still very happy with my LG G4. Any issues I have with the battery are solved with my spare batteries. (goodbye Note 5) And the pics are great.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I've complained to t mobile multiple times and they are aware of the issues the g4 is having. I played with the 2.4GHZ over the 5GHZ and I haven't seen a diffeence. I have the t mobile Wi-Fi router too.

As for my s5, I'm not sure what it was running. I only kept it from May until September last year.

5GHz channels?

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I am but the Moto X Pure Edition has me very interested. I have never tried Pure Android before so I would like to try it.

Me to. Very interested. I still like the G4 except for keyboard and battery life

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm fine with the G4 just like I was fine with the G3. I bought my G4 because the iOS hotspot sucks bad and I couldn't deal with it any longer, otherwise I'd still have the 6 Plus.

I think that the G4 is a great size and has great features, but it does get hot just like all phones do when the screen is on for a long time. Also, all Android keyboards suck. None of them are as good as the Apple keyboard. I don't know why, but the Apple keyboard allows me to type faster with less errors. It does a better job of figuring out where my presses are and of course the Android Lag makes it incredibly hard to type. Yes people, Android Lag is real. Pick up an iPhone with an open mind, you'll see what I mean. The battery last half as long as the 6 Plus. I don't understand why ANdroid can't figure out the battery life and fix it.

Alright, off my iPhone soap box. Yes, when looking at all other Android Phones, I'm very happy I bought the LG G4. I do not feel it is the best smartphone on the market, but I do believe it is the best Android phone available. Who knows what the Note 5 will be, but I bet that the keyboard will suck, it'll have lag, and it'll get hot when gaming.

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has been hindered by one thing: GPS

So the past few days I've run an experiment. At the beginning of the day I place location in "Device Sensors Only" mode, if I don't use any GPS using apps and go to Android System in my battery stats, it doesn't even show a GPS stat. If I use maps, it shows a few seconds of GPS usage. At SOME point in the day, and it doesn't appear to correlate with the launch with any app in particular, the GPS is prompted to run willy nilly, for hours. I'll start getting that "Finding Location" notification constantly and the phone will burn through battery and I'll get maybe 2 hours SOT and 9 hours battery life... and this is all with moderate to light usage. If I use the camera a lot, or stream video for a while, it will burn out in like 6-7 hours. I am sure my G2 didn't have this issue. Also, I never set Brightness above 70 with Auto brightness.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has been hindered by one thing: GPS

So the past few days I've run an experiment. At the beginning of the day I place location in "Device Sensors Only" mode, if I don't use any GPS using apps and go to Android System in my battery stats, it doesn't even show a GPS stat. If I use maps, it shows a few seconds of GPS usage. At SOME point in the day, and it doesn't appear to correlate with the launch with any app in particular, the GPS is prompted to run willy nilly, for hours. I'll start getting that "Finding Location" notification constantly and the phone will burn through battery and I'll get maybe 2 hours SOT and 9 hours battery life... and this is all with moderate to light usage. If I use the camera a lot, or stream video for a while, it will burn out in like 6-7 hours. I am sure my G2 didn't have this issue. Also, I never set Brightness above 70 with Auto brightness.

I believe that by using Device Sensor Only you're choosing the worst option for battery consumption. Try switching to Networks Only.

Also you can install something like GSam to get a better idea of what app is causing battery drain... although it might just show Android System or Android OS, harder to diagnose.

Likely culprits are Smart home / lock, Google play services.

You can also try the Access Lock tricks (see the threads in the Common Issues and Solutions sticky) to take away Location access from all apps that don't actually need it... You'll also be able to see which apps actually use Location and when they last did so.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm fine with the G4 just like I was fine with the G3. I bought my G4 because the iOS hotspot sucks bad and I couldn't deal with it any longer, otherwise I'd still have the 6 Plus.

I think that the G4 is a great size and has great features, but it does get hot just like all phones do when the screen is on for a long time. Also, all Android keyboards suck. None of them are as good as the Apple keyboard. I don't know why, but the Apple keyboard allows me to type faster with less errors. It does a better job of figuring out where my presses are and of course the Android Lag makes it incredibly hard to type. Yes people, Android Lag is real. Pick up an iPhone with an open mind, you'll see what I mean. The battery last half as long as the 6 Plus. I don't understand why ANdroid can't figure out the battery life and fix it.

Alright, off my iPhone soap box. Yes, when looking at all other Android Phones, I'm very happy I bought the LG G4. I do not feel it is the best smartphone on the market, but I do believe it is the best Android phone available. Who knows what the Note 5 will be, but I bet that the keyboard will suck, it'll have lag, and it'll get hot when gaming.

I agree Apple has barely any keyboard lag, along with app lag... Though the iPhone does heat up but not nearly as bad as my G4 does.. with the iPhone 6 plus I had, I would have to play a game for a while before the iPhone would even start to get hot. If I just browse the web, facebook or instagram for a little bit, it heats up bad

riceatusc

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm debating on going back to my nexus 6. Only downside would be the camera. I'd miss manual mode. The LG g4 just has a lot of small quirks that get on my nerves. Lag, keyboard stops responding. I just feel like the nexus 6 was a better phone for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21