Slow speed video?

Inspgadget113

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
So is it possible to shoot slow speed video with the G4? I don't see an option to do this in the default camera app, so I'm wondering if another app can do this or is the hardware just not able to do it?

Posted via the Android Central App

CallMeEric

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Hit the settings gear, then the picture ratio. The option for slow mo all be listed there.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-02-14-10-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-02-14-10-27.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 68

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
It works quite well, but you should note that it will only play at slow speed on your phone... it's a high-fps video that your phone knows how to play back in "slow motion". In order to post to facebook or share with other people, you'll need to install another app (such as https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.mobile.bizo.slowmotion&token=qg4Rpulu ) to convert your high-fps video into a share-able slow motion video.

thegr8wendt

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
It works quite well, but you should note that it will only play at slow speed on your phone... it's a high-fps video that your phone knows how to play back in "slow motion". In order to post to facebook or share with other people, you'll need to install another app (such as https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.mobile.bizo.slowmotion&token=GDZMBrF3 ) to convert your high-fps video into a share-able slow motion video.

Well crap, this is the second app I've downloaded for slow motion and I am still disappointed. The first app I bought LapseitPro won't even create my videos (just vertical lines of color). I just tried Slow Motion Video FX like you recommended. The trial version worked ok, I bought the Pro version for $3.99 in hopes that I would get a few more options. Nada all it did was remove the ads. It still blares some lame music over my speakers whenever I'm in the app, the videos are jerky, not very slow, and I can't mute the distorted audio in the "semi-slow motion" rendering. Once again I am disappointed. Can anyone recommend an app that actually works? This is a MAJOR oversite on LG's part. If this phone weren't so sleek I would probably sell it and buy an iphone, where the slow-motion video actually works without some BS 3rd party app.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just upload them to youtube and youtube has setting to play back in slower speed. You have to use Chrome browser though.

thegr8wendt

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Sorry guys but uploading to youtube is not a viable solution. I just want to share via social media like Facebook. Doing 2 or 3 steps to accomplish this is ridiculous. Does anyone else have a better solution? I swear I wold never buy an iPhone, but this seemingly simple action has got me ticked off.

sswitzer - Yes the "mute" button helps. But there is still distorted audio on the rendering, no adjustable settings, and its very jerky.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Sorry guys but uploading to youtube is not a viable solution. I just want to share via social media like Facebook. Doing 2 or 3 steps to accomplish this is ridiculous. Does anyone else have a better solution? I swear I wold never buy an iPhone, but this seemingly simple action has got me ticked off.

I think you have to do the same thing (2 or 3 steps) with iPhone's slow motion videos also. Unless Facebook has built in auto detect slow-mo video for iOS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC