Samsung Galaxy s6 to G4?

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry if this has been posted. Chances are I'm thinking more than once but I never come to this section. Anyway I've had my s6 for about 2 months and the main thing that is killing this thing for me is battery life. I have a small business and I'm on the road most of the time. I have a car charger but man I'm finding myself paranoid about being near a charger. I just got back from vacation and id fully charge the phone for the beach and intentionally not turn the screen on just to get me through the day. Not a good feeling. My question is, would it be worth it to switch to the g4 for better battery life? I'm thinking that just having the option to swap batteries will be worth it. Also are there any other advantages or if you could be honest.. Disadvantages to buying a g4 over the s6. Experiences from those who used both would be very helpful. Thanks for any input!

Posted via the Android Central App

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I would like this information as well. I'm due for an upgrade from my Galaxy S4. Galaxy S6 and the G4 are on my short list.

Posted via Android Central App

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
There are a number of S6 vs G4 threads here. I don't have an S6, so I can't help directly, sorry.

As I recall, people say the standby life on the G4 is better than the S6. In terms of SOT, I think it's closer to a tie, with the S6 maybe coming out ahead. But SOT results on the G4 vary significantly.

You could get an external-battery case, like a Mophie, for the S6. That could help you make it through the day. Or an external power bank (battery-powered USB charger).

But the ability to simply swap batteries on the G4 is a nice feature. And you could still get an external-battery case, or perhaps simply an extended battery. Another benefit is that as the battery gets weaker over time (inevitable), the G4 allows replacing the battery inexpensively.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd say no.. I have a g4 and it doesn't have a great battery life. In fact I just bought a mophie case since I'm planning on keeping the phone a while

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I would say, get a s6 Active if battery life is your only issue.,but not a lot to complain about with the G4 either since it can last you through the day .

Both need a little tweaking, just as your s6 does, but no phone I have owned has lasted me longer than the Active

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

bwhick7492

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
And by have i mean I traded my s6 for the g4 because of battery.
Also the ability to switch on the fly is priceless.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I would say, get a s6 Active if battery life is your only issue.,but not a lot to complain about with the G4 either since it can last you through the day .

Both need a little tweaking, just as your s6 does, but no phone I have owned has lasted me longer than the Active

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

Good point, as long as he's on AT&T. It's too bad for folks on other carriers that the Active models are exclusive to AT&T. Good move on AT&T's part, though!

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
At that price... The g4 is by far the better deal. The difference is cost is nothing to shrug at.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I'm one of the one's that is getting poor battery life.. I feel if I had the S6 I'd get a mophie case since the device is smaller to start with... a mophie case on the G4 is just huge and carrying an extra battery is just something that gets in the way in my pocket

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I had decent battery on S6 but I hated always worrying about it even though I always made it through a day. With the G4 I get even better battery life, the stand by is 10000x better n the G4.

On S6 I would take it off charge at 7am not use it or turn screen on, get to work at 8:15 and be at 96%.

With G4 I take it off charge at 7, then use it a little and look t around 11:30 and still be at 100 or maybe 99%.

With heavy use and not standby though I feel they are quite similar.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
On S6 I would take it off charge at 7am not use it or turn screen on, get to work at 8:15 and be at 96%.

With G4 I take it off charge at 7, then use it a little and look t around 11:30 and still be at 100 or maybe 99%.

Do bear in mind that, on the G4, the battery calibration is a little off. The phone keeps displaying 100% for too long, then drops more quickly after that. It keeps displaying 100% for maybe 5%-worth or usage, or something like that.

So if you want to compare the S6 and G4, start with the G4 at 99% or lower. Something so the battery readings are more linear.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
^^^^this so much. My G4 stays at 100 for a good amount of time the drops like rock lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12