Verizon users, were you able to resolve your touch screen issue?

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
So if you had touch screen sensitivity problems, did you find a solution? I returned my G4 because the missed taps & lag ruined the phone for me. I'd like to try the G4 again & have been following every post about touch screen issues. I've seen numerous tips & tricks which seem to have mixed results. It seems so strange the issue is common but no common fix for it. A popular theory is its caused by carrier bloat ware. Recently a member posted a link to XDA forums for a tool to freeze bloat without rooting. Very curious if anyone has used that tool and fixed the problem?

Anyway, I'd like to know how successful you were in solving the sensitivity problem if you had it & what method worked for you.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Still my only real problem with it is swipes registering as taps. Like while scrolling through a news feed if therehappens to be a link where I start my swipe with the intent to scroll it will open the link.

Changing the key press duration in accessibility menu helped a little but it's still there.

I also have rare but occasional failed tap to wake up the phone.

Douglas_B

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I didn't have any problems with the phone initially and it's still working perfectly. I'm using the stock launcher and disabled most of the baked-in apps - haven't had any problems with accuracy while texting or browsing the web.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've disabled most of the bloat apps that allow you to disable them and I've never had any touch issues at all. Some people that had problems were using Verizon's tempered glass screen protector, which is garbage and over priced. The Skinomi on Amazon is great and $8.

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again for your feedback! Makes me feel more comfortable to try another G4. I pre-ordered mine & got it a couple days before launch day and immediately noticed the missed taps & random freezing. At first I thought it was just me being careless on not tapping the right spot or not applying enough pressure in my swipes. It got to the point I was obsessing about every missed tap or swipe & ruined the whole experience for me. I considered waiting for a software fix but wasn't sure it was software or
hardware. The phone was perfect otherwise but I couldn't deal it so I went back to my M7 which was smooth & fluid.

I still want a G4 and was hoping the touchscreen thing had improved!

Anybody else?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again for your feedback! Makes me feel more comfortable to try another G4. I pre-ordered mine & got it a couple days before launch day and immediately noticed the missed taps & random freezing. At first I thought it was just me being careless on not tapping the right spot or not applying enough pressure in my swipes. It got to the point I was obsessing about every missed tap or swipe & ruined the whole experience for me. I considered waiting for a software fix but wasn't sure it was software or
hardware. The phone was perfect otherwise but I couldn't deal it so I went back to my M7 which was smooth & fluid.

I still want a G4 and was hoping the touchscreen thing had improved!

Anybody else?

A few weeks (maybe a month) after the phones release, there was a software update (to version ...11a). I got mine the day that release came out, so maybe that's what fixed any issues you were having.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine's a Sprint if that makes any difference. I disabled anything I considered bloat-ware, and I only use Wi-Fi at home, and Bluetooth away from home. I also use Nova, rather than the stock launcher, and I'm not shy about installing programs. Nothing very dramatic in the way of paring my usage. I've never experienced any touch issues as has been reported by others... unless you count occasionally double-tapping the screen to wake it up twice rather than once -- for me. That's a minimal inconvenience at most.

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I've disabled most of the bloat apps that allow you to disable them and I've never had any touch issues at all. Some people that had problems were using Verizon's tempered glass screen protector, which is garbage and over priced. The Skinomi on Amazon is great and $8.
Also installed the Skinomi along with SwiftKey and Nova Launcher Prime. Being Rooted to freeze apps on Titanium Backup and using the Debloater app has helped tremendously. Have had my phone disconnected from 100 % battery at around 8am until now @ 8:45pm and it's currently 56%. Been texting, used GPS for around 20 mins and checking the forum.

Currently on VS986 10B with SGS Screen Booster with Super Optimized as the setting and not having any responsiveness problems on my end.

The LG G4 has taken care of me.

..Sent from an XDA modified LG G4 on Verizon..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze