silly noob stuff

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Got new phone, trying to learn stuff, how many apps can fit in a folder.

Is it possible when i take a photo or video to send it to my smart tv

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Apps don't fit in a folder. How many apps can fit on the phone? As many as you have space for. You can put a lot more apps on a phone with 32GB of storage than you can on one with 8GB of storage.

Yes, but which way is best depends on the make of phone and the make of TV. For example, a Samsung phone can mirror its screen to a Samsung smart TV. (Otherwise, Chromecast is probably your best bet. It's usually on sale for about $25.)

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorry. App icons in a folder.

What about smart beam , dlna ,miracast. Not sure which works (or not ) and thought dlna was the answer which my Samsung TV has, but not sure how to go about it

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Sorry. App icons in a folder.

What about smart beam , dlna ,miracast. Not sure which works (or not ) and thought dlna was the answer which my Samsung TV has, but not sure how to go about it

I used Miracast on mine to my Roku 3, and assume it'll work on your Sammy TV's Internet portal.
Works great...rotates, zooms pictures, and anything on the G4 screen

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Thanks

I don't know how many programs will fit inside a folder in the default Android OS, or the default G4 Launcher, but I'm going to say with relative confidence, at least as many icons as will fit on your screen. I use Nova Prime as my launcher, and while I don't know what its maximum limit is, I do know that it will hold more than a screen full of icons, and allow you to scroll through the open folder to see the additional icons.

Now for the (possibly) bad news. Miracast, does not work well for me on the LG G4, but to be fair, it also doesn't work well for me on most systems. For a wireless video system that is 2 years old, it is a remarkably unreliable system (in my experience). My ($5000, 80 inch) TV natively supports Miracast, and while it did work with my Turbo, it did not with my Surface Pro 3, nor my G4. I also have a Rocketfish solution that also worked for my Turbo in my home theater receiver, but not my G4 and also not my Surface Pro 3. To be fair, I haven't found anything that works on my SP3 (although maybe Windows 10 fixed this -- anything is possible).

If you happen to have a Roku, you can use it to display photos from your phone, but I don't know about video.

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Apps don't fit in a folder. How many apps can fit on the phone? As many as you have space for. You can put a lot more apps on a phone with 32GB of storage than you can on one with 8GB of storage.

Yes, but which way is best depends on the make of phone and the make of TV. For example, a Samsung phone can mirror its screen to a Samsung smart TV. (Otherwise, Chromecast is probably your best bet. It's usually on sale for about $25.)

Apps do fit in a folder. I had 60 apps in one folder.

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I don't know how many programs will fit inside a folder in the default Android OS, or the default G4 Launcher, but I'm going to say with relative confidence, at least as many icons as will fit on your screen. I use Nova Prime as my launcher, and while I don't know what its maximum limit is, I do know that it will hold more than a screen full of icons, and allow you to scroll through the open folder to see the additional icons.

Now for the (possibly) bad news. Miracast, does not work well for me on the LG G4, but to be fair, it also doesn't work well for me on most systems. For a wireless video system that is 2 years old, it is a remarkably unreliable system (in my experience). My ($5000, 80 inch) TV natively supports Miracast, and while it did work with my Turbo, it did not with my Surface Pro 3, nor my G4. I also have a Rocketfish solution that also worked for my Turbo in my home theater receiver, but not my G4 and also not my Surface Pro 3. To be fair, I haven't found anything that works on my SP3 (although maybe Windows 10 fixed this -- anything is possible).

If you happen to have a Roku, you can use it to display photos from your phone, but I don't know about video.

Video seems to work as well, as it mirrors anything on the screen, including Home Screen, etc. Surprised to hear it isn't working with your G4, though I have a lot to learn ;-). My Roku 3 is the latest (2015) so suppose it has all the latest "stuff"?

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorted out the app bit. Looks like i was going to fast, once i slowed down app icons went in ok. Getting frustrated with dnla type stuff ( i thought with dlna t.v. and phone I could beam pics videos from my phone to the t.v. for easy sharing, but am having difficulty )

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Can I pipe in here and recommend Chromecast? For less than $30 you pop the dongle to the back of your TV and you can either use chromecast-enabled apps on your phone (like ES File explorer player https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.estrongs.chromecast&hl=en&token=Lbu8sRAo plus https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en&token=9j-vd7Wl or other video apps that say they are compatible with chromecast) or you can just mirror your phone right to the chromecast without any extra apps. Easy-peasy. You can also use a laptop, start up Chrome, and cast movies to your TV.

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure chromecast will work, but should the G4 just beam stuff to samsung tv

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure chromecast will work, but should the G4 just beam stuff to samsung tv

It looks like there's a Samsung app... that doesn't run on the G4: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.samsung.companion&hl=en&token=YdthYmCi

And there's an LG app that will run on either a Samsung or LG phone, but not for a Samsung tv: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.lge.lgsmartshare&hl=en&token=Htri8TGl

This app looks like it might do the trick: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.zappotvsamsung&hl=en&token=SUpFu2b2

I guess my point with the chromecast is that it's a really cheap quick option to achieve what you're looking for, but I understand how you'd be frustrated at this point, just wanting to get your phone talking to your TV.

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
My phone does work with my Samsung smart TV but I'm finding the quality to be better with the Chrome cast.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the help, I'll try the apps.
Rdt595 , how did you get your phone to work with Samsung TV

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Just go to what you want to watch and tap on the menu in the upper right corner (3 dots). It should say smart share in top. Tap that and your TV model should be listed as long as it's in range. If there is no smartshare option then you can get the imediashare app from playstore as long as your TV is compatible.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help . nothing in 3 dots but imediashare sort of ok. According to my tv under miracast it can find g4 when turned on in the phone but says " disconnected " on the tv , don't know what to do next. Just need to keep searching .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol