Freezer Mode: Watching Vidoes!

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I watch a Video should it be on my browser (I use Chrome Alpha) or even YouTube App or downloaded videos my phone simply goes into the Freezer Mode and it freezes at least till the video is done, I can't press any button (actually I could it just won't do anything), interesting is that the audio continues to play but the video and my entire screen is stuck!
This drives me nuts and I feel like one day I'll get so pissed that I'll smash my phone... (Don't wanna do it...)
So save me and my phone and help me out with this stupid issue!
Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App on My T-Mobile LG G4

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I watch a Video should it be on my browser (I use Chrome Alpha) or even YouTube App or downloaded videos my phone simply goes into the Freezer Mode and it freezes at least till the video is done, I can't press any button (actually I could it just won't do anything), interesting is that the audio continues to play but the video and my entire screen is stuck!
This drives me nuts and I feel like one day I'll get so pissed that I'll smash my phone... (Don't wanna do it...)
So save me and my phone and help me out with this stupid issue!
Thanks

First time I've seen someone mention this problem. Has the phone always done this or is it recent? I suppose you've done things like reboot, cleared cached data, etc? Also, is it just videos that are coming from youtube (even though playing within your browser)... or any video file? You mention "or downloaded videos", but I just want to make sure. If you shoot a video using the camera, can you play back that video using something like Quickpic or the built-in video player?

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
It's a recent thing with the phone, its any video I watch regardless where I watch it and any video file, and yes about Clearing the garbage on my phone but still the problem is here

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
It's a recent thing with the phone, its any video I watch regardless where I watch it and any video file, and yes about Clearing the garbage on my phone but still the problem is here

Since it's all videos it means it's deep in the phones processing... Aside rebooting, clearing cache, etc, I can only suggest that you do a factory reset - not a quick fix. Sorry.

Even searching other forums I can only find this one thread: http://androidforums.com/threads/resolved-video-wont-play.835790/

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Figured that will be the only solution

Yeah, sorry about that. You're the first one in this forum to report this... if doing the factory reset does work, please post back to let us know how it worked out.

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, sorry about that. You're the first one in this forum to report this... if doing the factory reset does work, please post back to let us know how it worked out.

It will probably fix the problem and I will probably not be doing it anytime soon

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
It will probably fix the problem and I will probably not be doing it anytime soon

Can I also suggest booting the phone into safe mode and see if the problem is still there? That way you can figure out if the issue is being caused by a rogue app.

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Can I also suggest booting the phone into safe mode and see if the problem is still there? That way you can figure out if the issue is being caused by a rogue app.

That's a smart idea, let me try that, could you please tell me how to go into safe mode?

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
No volume buttons?

tourbound would know better than I, as I've never actually done it fully into safe mode, but... here's a post about it: LG G4: How to Boot into Safe Mode and it's exactly as tourbound has described. Hold down the power button till you see the power off/reboot options, and then tap & hold the off option on the screen. You'll have a chance to confirm that you want to enter safe mode (as per the attached screenshot):

Screenshot_2015-08-11-18-34-28.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay