I really love my new Verizon LG4 coming from a Samsung S3. It picks up signal clearly where I had complete drops on S3. However, one thing has really annoyed me and I need to find a way to live with this.

The ring sound and text notification sounds are either both ON or both OFF. I have to leave the ringer on for various reasons, but then I get the text notifications all night long. This is driving me crazy. Various volume apps I downloaded did not separate out the sounds. This is a really bad idea to tie these together.

Is there anyway to get around this? I have tried playing with Priority Interruptions, but can't quit seem to get the phone to ring and the texts to be silent.

Thanks for ANY ideas or tips.
    08-17-2015 06:31 PM
    Settings-sound-interruptions-priority only and select incoming calls. Then when you need it, pull down the notification shade, toggle all interruptions to priority only and your phone will ring or vibrate only for incoming calls or alarms.
    richs10 likes this.
    08-17-2015 06:38 PM
    OK, wow that was fast. Thank you! I'll try that. I made those changes on the phone just now.
    08-17-2015 06:44 PM
    I also found that while I was playing a game I could set that volume fairly low and when I exited the notifications were at a decent time and then turn up my ringer volume
    08-17-2015 08:16 PM
    Go into the Play Store and look at an app called "Sound Profile" You can set the app to change to a different profile (loud, quiet, silence, night, vibrate, airplane) at whatever time you want it to. Or you can change it manually. It's a great app...been using it for months now.
    08-20-2015 06:34 AM