Root any model of G4, and can also install Xposed even with locked bootloader

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
These were posted on XDA today:

- Root any model of G4, even if there is not a rooted image available for your specific model already.
LG G4 100% Root Success Directives | Root In… | LG G4 | XDA Forums

- You can now install Xposed. It does not require custom recovery or an unlocked bootloader.
At the moment, this is the list of models that people have done this with:
LS991 (Sprint), H810 (AT&T), VS986 (Verizon), H815L, H815 SEA, H812
[GUIDE][XPOSED][ALL VARIANTS] Installing Xpo… | LG G4 | XDA Forums

And this is the "original" G4 root method, posted to XDA several weeks ago. The so-called "Low Effort Root" approach:
[ROOT] TMO/VZW/ATT/SPRINT/INTL Root your LG … | LG G4 | XDA Forums

Last edited:

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have a list of Xposed modules that they are successfully running on their G4?

Previously, I would mostly run Xposed to limit wonky things on Samsung phones (plus X tether & Youtube Adaway.) As I already have free hotspot capability setup (but would still like to get youtube adaway) what are some things that are working positively for people?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I wasted some time today trying the root injecting method. No go. My Ubuntu VM kept giving me an error on the inject command. I gave up but at least i have a non rooted copy of my system image for down the road should I need it.

I went ahead and knocked out low effort root. Maybe xposed tomorrow.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I wasted some time today trying the root injecting method. No go. My Ubuntu VM kept giving me an error on the inject command. I gave up but at least i have a non rooted copy of my system image for down the road should I need it.

I went ahead and knocked out low effort root. Maybe xposed tomorrow.

Yeah, I wasn't too keen on the injection method. Going to do the LER tomorrow. Anyone have success enabling hotspot on root? The AT&T version did not like non root methods

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Xposed is now installed as well. Pretty awesome with a locked boot loader. Good list going of confirmed working apps over at XDA.

For once something from Sprint is the fastest (Ha). The Sprint version seems to install Xposed the fastest of any phone.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I wasn't too keen on the injection method. Going to do the LER tomorrow. Anyone have success enabling hotspot on root? The AT&T version did not like non root methods

Yes. I enabled free tethering right after rooting. I used the old app from the G3 discussed over at XDA.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I actually didn't mind the method and was pretty easy other than Ubuntu giving the error. I probably could have figured it out but I just didn't feel like it. If everything would have just worked it probably wouldn't have taken more than 10 minutes.