Will the G Edge be LG’s answer to Samsung’s Galaxy S6 Edge? | AndroidAuthority

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It wouldn't surprise me. LG loves to compete with Samsung and borrows a lot of ideas from them to use in their own phones.

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
It wouldn't surprise me. LG loves to compete with Samsung and borrows a lot of ideas from them to use in their own phones.

You mean like removable battery and storage?... Ummm... Wait....

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

CPEjr

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure LG will probably make this "Edge" phone, but I kind of wish they wouldn't. The G Flex's design is better in almost every way. They should work on that and market it like Samsung does with their S6 Edge. LG should make their own mark and not copy Samsung in their design AND name. Bad move, IMO.

Posted from one of my many Android devices.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Honest question- what was the Flex about? I've heard about it, and looking like a banana, but I really don't know what it was trying for.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Honest question- what was the Flex about? I've heard about it, and looking like a banana, but I really don't know what it was trying for.

It's a phone that's supposed to curve to your chin when you're making calls and also is designed to "flex", as in, becoming totally flat without any damage whatsoever.

It's a cool phone but one that has some compromises. The OG G Flex had a 720p display while the G Flex 2 had a toasty Snapdragon 810 and sluggish UI.

I personally find it cooler than the Samsung Edge phones mainly due to its ability to flex, but it's not good enough for mainstream use, I'm afraid. Hope the G Flex 3 nails every point down.

CPEjr

May 12, 2015
Visit site

IMO, it was just LG showing off what they're capable of doing. But as the comment after yours had stated, it does curve to your face nicely while on calls as well as fit perfectly in your back pocket. It also feels awesome in the hand, especially compared to the "Edge" phone(s). Lastly, it literally flexes and can lay completely flat and no damage whatsoever will occur. It really is an impressive device in theory and in construction.

Posted from one of my many Android devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000