Why doesn't my voice command for text work with my LG G4 on my Ford Edge?

A

AC Question

Why doesn't my voice command for text work with my LG G4 In My Ford Edge

I had a Windows phone, and when a text would come through my Bluetooth, it would say Text From......then read the text, then it would give me the option to reply back (With voice text) ignore, etc. Now with my LG G4, it's synced up, but when a text comes through....it just comes up on the car display...New Message Received...then I was told to push the OK on my steering wheel, but only defaulted text replies come up....no voice text command anymore. I was told it's not the phone, but possibly need to take it in to the dealer and it may not be compatible. Can anyone assist?

2pir

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why doesn't my voice command for text work with my LG G4 In My Ford Edge

My research seems to suggest its because you had a Windows phone designed by MS (which also originally designed Sync). I recently switched from a Windows 7 phone to a HTC One M9 Android, and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to reproduce what I had. It's silly that 4 years ago, this was a built-in feature for Windows phones, but nobody has figured out how to reproduce this with the latest and greatest Andriod flagship phones (making the text feature in Sync pretty useless).

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site

I had a Windows phone, and when a text would come through my Bluetooth, it would say Text From......then read the text, then it would give me the option to reply back (With voice text) ignore, etc. Now with my LG G4, it's synced up, but when a text comes through....it just comes up on the car display...New Message Received...then I was told to push the OK on my steering wheel, but only defaulted text replies come up....no voice text command anymore. I was told it's not the phone, but possibly need to take it in to the dealer and it may not be compatible. Can anyone assist?
At least you get that. My 2014 Focus ST gives me an error message saying messaging isn't compatible with mine (AT&T version).

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

iresq

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

There is a firmware update for Ford Sync. That cleared up most of my since issues. Search around the Ford furums.

Posted via the Android Central App