What keyboard and theme do you use?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I am using the EOM LG keyboard, black theme.
With my fat fingers, I am reduced to one-hand typing, so I will never see any lag that others may be seeing.

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Dammit. Just tried the Google Keyboard with and without the number row, and while I love the increased accuracy of the standard GK, adding the number row makes the letters so tiny that I'm getting as many mistypes as I was with the LG keyboard. And I REALLY want a number row. Too bad GK isn't more customizable; it'd be great if you could change the size.

How did you add number row to Google keyboard?

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I like the Google keyboard with the number row. Nice tip HaboobZ. Wish I could swype the word 'too' without lifting a finger. Wow that sounds lazy. I can do it on Swiftkey though.

I love & hate my G4. Mostly love though.

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Meh, tried the number row thing, it makes the overall size of the keys too small for my liking. Worthy sacrifice still so far to go without...

Posted via the Android Central App

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Love this Fleksy but doesn't work as well as LG.
1ccdbf6db4d6ef61b51c71ffa6c02733.jpg

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Love this Fleksy but doesn't work as well as LG. //images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/24/1ccdbf6db4d6ef61b51c71ffa6c02733.jpg

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I really like a lot about Fleksy. It has never been able to stick and supplant SwiftKey as my defualt keyboard, though. I've given it a try numeropus times. I just don't care for the way I have to change predicted words, etc. in Fleksy (but I never swipe on any keyboard, so that is probably a big factor).

The Fleksy keyboard, in my opinion, has *the* best layout of any, though. It's just like a BlackBerry keyboard (the second alpha row is flush to the sides of the screen). I've requested that layout from SwiftKey as a theme option. Given all their themes have the same layout, I'm not holding my breath.. The actual typing I've done on Fleksy is noticably faster because of the layout (it's the other stuff that slows down the process pkus the other features I miss).

I haven't missed another keyboard with this type layout have I?

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I use SwiftKey with the Pitch theme. Sometimes I switch to the Blood Red theme from their Theme Store.

At this point, I need the secondary characters on whatever keyboard/theme I use. I don't want to have to open a full second page every time I want a secondary character. The long press for those is now muscle memory for me. I also think SwiftKey does predictive text much better than anyone else. The predictive emoji is a nice added bonus.

I've tried the dedicated number row with SwiftKey, but it makes the keyboard take up too much screen real estate on my G4. So, the long press for numbers is fine. I do use the number row on my tablet, though.

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I really like a lot about Fleksy. It has never been able to stick and supplant SwiftKey as my defualt keyboard, though. I've given it a try numeropus times. I just don't care for the way I have to change predicted words, etc. in Fleksy (but I never swipe on any keyboard, so that is probably a big factor).

The Fleksy keyboard, in my opinion, has *the* best layout of any, though. It's just like a BlackBerry keyboard (the second alpha row is flush to the sides of the screen). I've requested that layout from SwiftKey as a theme option. Given all their themes have the same layout, I'm not holding my breath.. The actual typing I've done on Fleksy is noticably faster because of the layout (it's the other stuff that slows down the process pkus the other features I miss).

I haven't missed another keyboard with this type layout have I?

No don't think there is.

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I just switched to Fleksy after reading about it from Dipanes's review (here at AC...best apps of the week) and I absolutely love it. Best keyboard I've tried, coming from SwiftKey, my second favorite. I've never typed so fast.

benchph

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys just got my g4 two days ago. Was using an s4 before. I miss the frequently used words feature of the Samsung keyboard. Is there any keyboard out there that has this feature?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

legin111

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I find myself going from keyboard to keyboard. The 3 are lg's bling keyboard, Google, and Swiftkey. I always come back to lg's keyboard. Its the most consistent when typing. I love the Google keyboard but I always hit b for the space bar and its really annoying.

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I find myself going from keyboard to keyboard. The 3 are lg's bling keyboard, Google, and Swiftkey. I always come back to lg's keyboard. Its the most consistent when typing. I love the Google keyboard but I always hit b for the space bar and its really annoying.

Same here except I have a fourth in the mix. Seems like I'm trying a different one every day. Love the pinch to resize with the Minuum keyboard.
e3c80d793ede05cf6fe76213eab81d55.jpg

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I re-enabled SwiftKey and am going to give it another shot.

I may just end up switching back and forth between it and the Google keyboard, who knows. I do like the themes on SwiftKey, wish I could get more, but even $.99 for a keyboard theme seems a bit steep.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO