Stock UI or Nova Prime?

Which launcher are you currently using on your LG G4?

• Total voters

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I am having a real hard time deciding which UI to stick with...Stock LG Home or Nova Prime? I have been mirroring both launchers with the same layout, widgets and icons and I gotta say, there isn't much that the LG Launcher can't do that Nova can! I actually had to add a few apps to Nova to get it to behave like the LG UI such as Screen Lock for double tap sleep. I also have that feeling that something could go wrong with Nova Prime long before anything would go wrong with the stock UI.

So what do you guys think? Which launcher are you using and why? I'm going to include a poll for quick reference but be sure to drop a comment as well!

Kr0m

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Nova hands down for me. Love the customizability with icon folders, grid scaling/sizing, icon packs, etc...

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Nova on all my phones for quite some time now. I try other launchers here and there but always go back to Nova. The gestures and customization options, are awesome. Best I've found. I change my set-up often. I can access everything so fast.

I love & hate my G4. Mostly love though.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I usually don't even look at the launcher on a new phone - I install Nova, then my apps, then my Nova backup, so all the screens look the way they used to. I know which screen my car apps are on, I know which screen my appointment apps are on - so all my phones look the same all the time.

About the only time I run the stock launcher is when I'm setting Nova up, or when I'm working on someone else's phone (which keeps reminding me why I use Nova). LG's launcher isn't bad, but I much prefer Nova.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
There is a lot that Nova can do that the stock launcher can't do. The stock launcher is pretty basic and the only reason to use it is if you really love the LG widgets and smart bulletin.

I'm currently using Action Launcher 3, though.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Buzz launcher for me. I like the ability to auto sort apps in order of most used.

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Stock currently, though I may spend some time and download Nova and go through the customization. It just seems there's so much customizing to do that I get overwhelmed when I have the OEM launcher setup.

Maybe I'll give it a shot tonight.

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Even though I always used Nova prime on my last three Samsung phones, I'm kinda amazed at how much customizing I can do with the LG stock launcher. So far, I haven't found the need to run Nova on the G4. The stock launcher seems to do everything I wanted to. And I'm really liking this phone.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Stock currently, though I may spend some time and download Nova and go through the customization. It just seems there's so much customizing to do that I get overwhelmed when I have the OEM launcher setup.

Maybe I'll give it a shot tonight.

I set up Nova on my G4 this morning (not Nova prime, I'm not into paying for apps). I don't really see any difference from the OEM launcher, other than it's easier to add icon packs and hide the status bar.

I mean, if I wanted a bit more real estate on my screen, I could certainly do that with Nova, but I don't really have anything extra at the moment I need to stuff onto the screen(s).

Last edited:

Klanbo

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I've used Nova on my last 3 android phones, last being a G3 and my current note 4 as it helped with the lag.

Got an LG G4 on order and will be putting Nova on that too. The improvements made to the UI on the G4 make it very usable out of the box, but Nova beats it on almost all counts for me. Notification badges are a nice touch, especially if you're coming from an iPhone.

As mentioned above, the only thing that is missing is the ability to sort the app drawer alphabetically, but not a big deal for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't like that you have to use TeslaUnread to add unread message count badges to Nova...seems like a workaround and doesn't quite work 100%. The Stock launcher seems to handle badges well.

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Just put Nova on mine and am really liking it. I didn't really dislike the stock launcher though. Nova just takes it up a notch if you want to really change things up. And it's very fast.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
As mentioned above, the only thing that is missing is the ability to sort the app drawer alphabetically, but not a big deal for me.

I must be missing something, my app drawer is alphabetical and I have Nova.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I feel like I'm the odd one out here.

Nova Prime is usually a *MUST-INSTALL* on all my devices, whether it's an Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 or a Galaxy Note 5.

But for some reason, I never felt the need to install Nova Prime on my G4. There's something I like about the stock LG UX.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I feel like I'm the odd one out here.

Nova Prime is usually a *MUST-INSTALL* on all my devices, whether it's an Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 or a Galaxy Note 5.

But for some reason, I never felt the need to install Nova Prime on my G4. There's something I like about the stock LG UX.

You aren't. I'm in the same boat. Still on stock. Ran stock on my G3 also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia