LG G4 Sound Quality

mmajstor

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Can someone tell me LG G4 Sound Quality over the headphones?
Witch audio chip is in G4 ?
I want to buy g4 , but I heard that audio quality is bad, and i need it for music(with good headphones), maybe s6 better ?
Ty in advance

russ8128

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the G4 and have not had any issues with the sound quality. there is a whole thread over at head-fi.org (a headphone forum) about the sound quality (link below). cliff notes version - it's ok, a little better than S6 but not outstanding. So far my best sounding phone experience has been the HTC Rezound. It came with ****ty beats headphones, but had a good DAC. I also have a Sony Z2 that came with some model specific noise canceling headphones (the noise canceling was done in the phone with the specific headphones attached) that sounded pretty good too.

LG G4 as a portable source (2015 model not G3)?

the Axon phone that was just reviewed has a high quality chipset and better DAC that might be of interest to you if audio is a top priority. I'm going to assume by your post that you already have high quality headphones. There was an article over at CNET by Steve Guttenberg that listed some higher quality less expensive headphones that might be of value to you (or anyone else...)

Hey you, with the cheap headphones! Are you ready to hear what you've been missing? - CNET

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
It's decent.

The speaker itself is decent but it sounds alright with headphones.

The speaker on your G4 is decent?!?! Mine is so good, full and BEEFY that when I'm out with family/friends, they tell me to lower it because its so damn loud! The highest setting slightly distorts but 1 click down and its loud and clear. Never had a 'single' speaker that was this good!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The speaker on your G4 is decent?!?! Mine is so good, full and BEEFY that when I'm out with family/friends, they tell me to lower it because its so damn loud! The highest setting slightly distorts but 1 click down and its loud and clear. Never had a 'single' speaker that was this good!

I called it decent because I was comparing it as a whole. A phone speaker being decent when compared to something like a Bluetooth speaker is certainly VERY good, because phone speakers aren't typically this good.

If we factor in the fact that it's a phone speaker and that it's rear-facing, then I'd say it's excellent for one. It's loud and actually sounds pretty darn good. The only con is that it's faced the wrong way.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I called it decent because I was comparing it as a whole. A phone speaker being decent when compared to something like a Bluetooth speaker is certainly VERY good, because phone speakers aren't typically this good.

If we factor in the fact that it's a phone speaker and that it's rear-facing, then I'd say it's excellent for one. It's loud and actually sounds pretty darn good. The only con is that it's faced the wrong way.

Ahhh ok. I thought there for moment you were dismissing the speaker on its own. For a single speaker, it's very good granted it's only fault is its placement.

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I think i will go for g4, ty all for help !

Just to let you know that I also posted a problem with poor audio over the headset but with the last update I received one month ago on my LG4 it improved 10 times better....anyway I use it only during running so for me its Great

Posted from my LG G4

Last edited:

Darwalk

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I came from the M8 so this phone is definitely not as good in the sound department. Speaker, headphones, and BT audio all not as good. That is one of my only complaints about the phone

Posted via the Android Central App

goodclimate

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
I tested this phone in the shop and rejected it as it was just not loud enough using the fm radio on headphones to drown out a conversation next to me. I couldn't use the music app but streaming radio was also underpowered.

On my usual headphones, the volume starts getting uncomfortable from about 60% on my Nexus 5. Was the unit I tested defective or has the volume perhaps been fixed via update?

I'd like to buy this phone and the volume issue is the only thing holding me back.

8livesleft

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I think the G4 has better sound than my Samsung Note 2 and GS4. More volume, better clarity and separation. The supplied buds are also superior in every respect. Fabric wrap is also more convenient.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800