Custom Home buttons?

Broth3rz

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
The 3 main buttons at the bottom, the Triangle, Square, and the Circle. I know you can add 2 more from the settings, I don't want those.

Is there a way with Nova or something I can add in custom ones? Like another Triangle but it does forward instead of back?

Also is there a way to close an app your viewing? Like if I'm on settings, or a music apps, etc. And I know I WANT to close it, do I really have to hit the square to bring up all apps then close it? Isn't there just a close button? If not can I add this also?

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
You don't have to close Android app. The system will allocate sufficient RAM to run every thing it needs to, and automatically close what isn't being used.

Broth3rz

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Many times I've opened the Battery Usage and it's got things open and running that I don't want to, some with going into Running Apps, so I'm always checking those, and because I do, my battery is quite nice honestly. I could get like 5 days out of it if not longer.

But mainly I'm wanting a button such as the 'Clear All' button when you press the square, but it closes that app your viewing right then, instead of going to the all viewing menu. It's a shame you can't add custom home buttons.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Do you know that hitting the square button and clear the app doesn't really stop the app? I am not exactly sure what it clears but many of the apps are still running. Even if you go into Battery Usage and hit the Stop button to stop the app, it doesn't kill it either. You really have to go into App Manager and does a force stop to really stop it. But even then, I think some apps have agents running in the background. Like Spotify, I could never really stop it fully unless I reboot the phone. I tried to stop it using all the above (only thing that works is reboot) but as soon as I start my car and BT is connected, Spotify would be playing.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
So whats the best application manager to force stop apps?

honestly, nothing is needed. Android is built to not need task or app killers. Just Google "do I need a task or app killer on Android" and you'll see all the reasons why this isn't needed. if an app you don't like keeps running, uninstall or disable it.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
While it is true in theory there is no need to clear apps, for some apps it does have an effect.

If you're using the AC Forums app, for instance, clearing it from the recent apps will actually restart it (I do that when it sometimes goes into never ending "loading" mode.)

I think it totally depends on the app and how well/properly they're written.

I love the fact that this phone can run tons of apps at the same time and that I don't "need" to clear them... but in reality sometimes you do need to do just that.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you know that hitting the square button and clear the app doesn't really stop the app? I am not exactly sure what it clears but many of the apps are still running. Even if you go into Battery Usage and hit the Stop button to stop the app, it doesn't kill it either. You really have to go into App Manager and does a force stop to really stop it. But even then, I think some apps have agents running in the background. Like Spotify, I could never really stop it fully unless I reboot the phone. I tried to stop it using all the above (only thing that works is reboot) but as soon as I start my car and BT is connected, Spotify would be playing.

Those are not "OPEN" apps, they are "RECENT" apps. That list will survive a full reboot of the phone ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781