CHOE Circle Qi Wireless Charger (Review)

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Amazon.com: [Smart Lighting Sensor]CHOE Circle Qi Wireless Charger for Samsung Galaxy Note 5, S6 Edge+/S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus 4 / 5 / 6 and All Qi-Enabled Devices (Silver): Cell Phones & Accessories

Bottom line, the TL;DR version, I really like this charger. Of the three I now own, it's now definitely my favorite. It's large enough to make aligning your device simple and effortless (this is the only wireless charger I have where I don't feel like I need to double check to make sure that my Nexus 7 is sitting on it correctly) and small enough to not take up much space on a surface or in a bag or pocket. With the light around the edge of the charger, it's easy to see whether or not your phone is actually charging, whereas on other chargers, the indicator light is usually obscured by whatever device is sitting on top of it charging.

And don't worry about the light being a nuisance in a dark rook — one of the attached photos (the one where you can't see anything but the charging LED of my phone) was taken of the the charger charging a phone with the camera pointed directly at the light. As you can see, it won't bother you at night. One more thing, the light doesn't go around the entire circle of the charger. It only lights up about a third of it.

If you're looking for the type of charger that you can just set your phone on that isn't a dock, I'd consider this one.

Now on to the rest of my review...

When I was offered a chance to try this wireless charger, I had very low expectations. I currently own two other wireless chargers. One is actually another CHOETECH brand charger which I've been very content with (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4652614) and the other is the PowerBot "puck" wireless charger which I am not very fond of at all (Amazon.com: PowerBot® PB1020 Qi Enabled Wireless Charger Inductive Charging Pad Station for All Qi Standard Compatible Devices Including Samsung, iPhone, Nokia, Google, Nexus, LG, HTC and Other Smartphones with Receivers (AC Adapter Excluded. 2 x Mi). My initial expectations were based on the latter since it is a similar shape (round) to this circle CHOETECH charger.

My biggest complaint with the PowerBot charger was that the size and shape of it just made it less ideal for charging a large phone or tablet. Basically, attempting to tap your screen while it was charging meant making your phone wobble everywhere and, since the charger is so small in comparison, it's impossible to see the indicator light so that you know the phone or tablet is on the right spot and charging. I figured these issues would just be inherent with round chargers, but that was not the case with this CHOE circle charger. It turns out I really like this charger, but I wish I could have got the black model instead.

The ring around the edge of the charger is rubbery to provide grip. For my leather back G4, that did nothing since the phone doesn't lay flat, however my Nexus 7 is held firmly in place so I don't have to worry about it sliding around. It comes with a decent sized USB cable (off the top of my head,I think it's two or three feet). The indicator light is well lit in light, more than enough to let you know it's working, and then it's basically not there in the dark.

There's really not much more to say. It's a great charger and I think $20 for it isn't bad at all.

5/5 if I had to rate it.

All photos taken with my G4. Models pictured are my G3 and Nexus 7.

Attachments

• 20150830_225137.jpg
    20150830_225137.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20150830_225144.jpg
    20150830_225144.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 20150830_225207.jpg
    20150830_225207.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 20150830_225243.jpg
    20150830_225243.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 20150831_081312.jpg
    20150831_081312.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 20150831_081323.jpg
    20150831_081323.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 20150831_103351.jpg
    20150831_103351.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 62

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Thx for your review.👍

With regard to charger lights, I only discovered that my Nokia Lumia 930 charging pad has an LED after many months of use. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Good review! Thanks!

So, this wireless charger will work with the LGG4 with no additional stickers or anything? Just plug and play? For $20 I may have to give it a try...

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Good review! Thanks!

So, this wireless charger will work with the LGG4 with no additional stickers or anything? Just plug and play? For $20 I may have to give it a try...
No, no, no, no! Sorry if that wasn't clear! You still need to have a wireless charging compatible back. I had to install a sticker to my G3 and I also have a few backs on my G4 with a qi sticker (my girlfriend's stock metallic gray back, my brown leather back, and a CHOETECH quick circle case).

Stickers are easy to find and install. The only other options are either LG's quick circle case (overpriced) or the above mentioned CHOETECH brand quick circle case for $16 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B011...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4653174). That's really only a viable option, though, if you're okay with a folio case, however, you could just rip off the screen cover... It's well designed and even offers a bit of protection (you can view my full review for that product at the linked product page).

I'd recommend just getting a qi sticker for yourself and installing that if you want wireless charging.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I actually like the 3 coil chargers better, then no fumbling where to set the phone :) I have the CHOE charger and don't care for it, seems I have to move phone around to find a good spot. When I was with Verizon I purchased their 3 coil standing/dock charger and it works great.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even realize this was a single coil, since it's so much easier to use than my PowerBot. My other CHOE charger (the stadium model) is three coils and works great and I haven't had trouble with this one either.

I really like the charging light and love how it dims automatically in the dark.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01