QI not working dagnabit

Funky Diver

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
So I got aftermarket QI sticker and two base units of differing models. Everything has been working absolutely preachy up until OS update last night. Two things happened.

1. SD card became unreadable and had to be reformatted. No biggy, must remember to unmount it next time.

2. Qi charging. Nada, it blipped on for a second or two but now refuses to charge.

Any ideas anyone? If there's something that needs doing in the settings, Go easy on me I have literally just jumped ship from iOS spoonfeeding lol

Last edited:

Funky Diver

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
One thing worthy of mention. I have installed McAfee security suite after the OS update, wondering if that has anything to do with it

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Did you have AT&T update? If that's the one, all working good here. I would uninstall McAfee, remember after you do turn your phone off then on, and see if that works. For instance, I have an app called Call Detector, was working great, I installed CM Security, all of a sudden my PreCall screen stopped working. Working together found out it was CM Security interfering with my PreCall screen, uninstalled that works great again.

Funky Diver

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
No AT&T here. Apologies I should clarify. It's an H815, factory fresh with no network locks or bloat in the UK on EE.

I'll give the uninstall a go and see how that works out

Allen Brandt

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
The Qi charging is physical, so I don't think there are any settings that one can change.

Also, while on a Qi charger, under the battery settings, as soon as you place the phone on a charging pad (and it makes its sound) you should see, under the settings, that it's charging wireless. Does yours do that?

Funky Diver

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
It did, until the update. I've spent about an hour farting about with it today moving the sticker (just in case of user error) etc, different cables. I've ordered some more stickers in case it's that that is duff.

It can't be wholly hardware though surely, seeing as you have a bleep and doings going on. It seems a bit too coincidental that it was working fine, then an OS update and its not. 😖

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
A Little strange, but when I first got the Qi sticker and use it with the plastic back, I had to raise up (with tape underneath) the charging pins before it worked. Now with the leather back didn't have to do that. Just an idea. To align the stickers I actually used double sided tape, stuck the pins to the NFC and charging ones put the back on so they were aligned.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
The early QI charging stickers need an additional spacer behind the contacts to push them closer to the spring fingers on the phone. Pull the contacts up off the back cover and put a little ball of tape behind them.

If that doesn't work I'd measure to see if is in the right position.

Funky Diver

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Tried all of that. The new stickers I have en route were intended for my two leather backed anyways. They should be here tomorrow, I'll just live with the cable till they arrive.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The leather back one, mine at least, doesn't need any additional padding under. It was a pain in the arse with this one getting it right That's when i took the double stick tape, peeled off the QI back and used the double stick tape to adhere it to the contacts, slowly put back on and rub and you shouldn't have a problem. When you rub the back that's having the sticker adhere to the cover and yes the doubled stick tape will adhere to cover and all will be aligned. :)

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
The leather back one, mine at least, doesn't need any additional padding under. It was a pain in the arse with this one getting it right That's when i took the double stick tape, peeled off the QI back and used the double stick tape to adhere it to the contacts, slowly put back on and rub and you shouldn't have a problem. When you rub the back that's having the sticker adhere to the cover and yes the doubled stick tape will adhere to cover and all will be aligned. :)

That's a good trick.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon