ZV6 update for Sprint?

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know when Sprint G4's might get the 10n update ota? Any to grab it before ota?

Sent from my LG-G4 using Tapatalk...

Last edited:

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: 10n update for Sprint?

Well it won't be 10n on Sprint. It will be ZV6. I haven't seen anything where anyone has received it. Someone will usually post on Reddit or XDA once it starts rolling out.

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: 10n update for Sprint?

I hope it is soon! I'd like to see if it fixes the miss touches and also maybe helps with the vertical split screen and static box issue.

lcdata1701

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I just got the update today in the Atlanta area. Hard to tell about the performance yet, but at the very least with the UI update the spinning icon for data transfer is gone & now there's just a small "LTE" legend above the signal strength triangle. Saves some space on the notification bar, which is nice & overdue.

jkayakj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Note : on mobile and the isolated posts didn't appear until I hit submit on this post

Original: Has anyone gotten this update yet?

Posted via the Android Central App

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping to get it today to see if it helped with the split screen/static box issue but I'm getting my replacement phone tonight!

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Hasn't dropped for me yet, but does anyone know if it includes the security fixes?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

The info so far doesn't indicate whether it does or not but you would think this long after they came to light out would be included. Who knows.

I'm waiting for someone to dump it so the devs on XDA can take a look at it to see what the factory reset protection is all about.

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I got my update last night after my warranty replacement G4 was activated. The intro screen said that this update fixes Stage fright and adds a few UI upgrades. Sorry, I wasn't able to get a screen shot...

I'm still setting my new phone up but so far I did notice some minor changes in the status bar and touches seem to be a lot better! It also gave me separate ringtone and notification sounds volume!

Looks good so far! Definitely worth the download!

Attachments

• QuickMemo+_2015-09-18-06-13-43.jpg
    QuickMemo+_2015-09-18-06-13-43.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 63
  • QuickMemo+_2015-09-18-06-14-15.jpg
    QuickMemo+_2015-09-18-06-14-15.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 63

jkayakj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't received this update yet. Does anyone know if this fixes the horrible lag in the stock messaging app?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I haven't received this update yet. Does anyone know if this fixes the horrible lag in the stock messaging app?
I still haven't received it, but solved the lag issue with messaging by switching to Textra. Very smooth!

Sent from my Sprint LG G4 using Tapatalk.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
My phone was practically perfect on ZV5 except for occasional missed taps. I unrooted, adb side loaded the update, then flashed the rooted ZV6 image and this thing is even better than before. Not a single missed tap yet. Very responsive.

jkayakj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't get why the sprint rollout is so slow.. Have many other people still not gotten the update either?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't get why the sprint rollout is so slow.. Have many other people still not gotten the update either?

Note haven't received it either. Sprint does staged rollout (like most carriers). They do it so they can stop if there is an issue with the update and they don't brick everyone with that model of phone.

Typically they attempt to do 100% within 3 to 4 weeks. Based on reports of this coming out last week, I'd say within 3 weeks you should have your update.

There is no geographic, purchase date, or other publicly known way that they proceed with their rollouts. With my G2 one update I got on the second day, the next took 3 weeks. My wife's G2 got those two updates in about the second week of rollout.

So while it's a pain, and I know you don't want to hear it, you really just need patience until you wake up one morning and see the "A system update is available..." message in your notification bar.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Rollouts usually happen over a 10-14 day window. After its officially released, on 9/16 in this case, the first few days will be pretty slow as they want to make sure the people that receive it don't have issues. Once they deem that its doing fine in the wild, they will ramp up the push.

The update is over 300mb.

If you are wanting it now, you could always adb sideload it.

wbknudsen

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

I haven't gotten mine, one more day according to the schedule. This is a strange rollout for a minor release such as this. It was to be 9/16 - 9/24.

Last edited: