About a week ago or so I received an update from AT&T. I'm H81010l (lowercase "L", it appears).

I've started noticing this past week (and especially these past 4 days) a significant drop in the ability to retain a cellular signal, as well as pick one back up after being inside of a building at work. I have to switch it into and out of airplane mode multiple times a day, which was never the case before on the phone. I am dropping calls left & right like they're really hot & sensual, but trust me, I ain't gettin' any, these calls are as cold and mundane as they come.

Can anyone on AT&T chime in?

I am contributing the update to my issue, but of course I am not sure. However, being an Android guy...
    - I haven't downloaded any new apps that should change functionality or mess with mobile networks or APNs or anything recently or ever on this phone.
    - I haven't changed any settings on the phone in the past week at all.
    - This never occurred the entire time I've had the G4 since a week after its release.

What do you guys think is going on? Is anyone on AT&T with their G4 experiencing this after the update? Surely it's not just me. The difference between last week and this week is night and day. I am really thinking it has got to be that damn update AT&T pushed...

The building has many areas where I used to lose signal, but it would always return when I re-entered an area with signal. It's not doing that now. Hell, in areas where I never lost signal before (perhaps only had 1 or 2 bars), I have zero bars now and can not make a call. I have been making calls in the same spot in a different work building for three years now on AT&T, and also ever since I've owned the G4, but now suddenly I can't. I make the call and the person immediately starts asking "Hello? Are you there?"...it's so common now I immediately roll my eyes. If I wait a few moments, the call will drop itself. I usually just manually hang up so I don't have to listen to them ask if I am there for thirty seconds.
    09-07-2015 11:04 PM
    I just got my phone last week and applied the update when it was still brand new, so I have no experience of the phone before the update. But I haven't noticed any signal issues with my device since I've owned it.
    Jonneh likes this.
    09-07-2015 11:10 PM
    I am experiencing the same thing and have to reset the phone to then get a better signal.......It seems to happen inside buildings
    09-08-2015 01:06 PM
    I haven't noticed any cell signal issues since updating. I'll keep an eye out though.
    09-08-2015 04:36 PM
    I am experiencing the same thing and have to reset the phone to then get a better signal.......It seems to happen inside buildings
    Thanks for the response. Any idea if this was noticeable after the update?

I haven't noticed any cell signal issues since updating. I'll keep an eye out though.
    Thanks for the response anyway. Keep us updated.

-Posted via the Android Central App on my G4-
    09-08-2015 08:08 PM
    Have you checked your network settings? Look at the last few posts in this thread re: global ... http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=575650
    09-09-2015 11:45 AM
    I just picked up the G4 on Friday and was checking out signal strength compared to my wife's moto x, which was always great and it was within a dB or two either way at my house which is a low signal area. The update that you mention just installed on my phone yesterday, and I noticed at work today I was on the edge network which never happened with my old Moto x.
    I will check strength tonight against my wife's moto again, and post back. I really hope it's not an issue, as I love this phone, but won't keep it, if it has signal strength issues. I'm in some weak signal areas a lot.
    Jonneh likes this.
    09-09-2015 03:24 PM
    Have you checked your network settings? Look at the last few posts in this thread re: global ... FDR and Battery Life - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    Just an FYI but the AT&T variant doesn't have that option in its network settings menu.

AT&T G4 loss of cell signal after update?-screenshot_2015-09-09-13-09-22.jpg AT&T G4 loss of cell signal after update?-screenshot_2015-09-09-13-09-30.jpg
    sswitzer likes this.
    09-09-2015 04:13 PM
    G4 still looks good compared to the Moto X. They fluctuate within a few Db's of one another, so I guess I am alright. I'll have to check at work with it switching to the edge network on me yesterday. I'll let ya know if anything funky starts to happen, but it seems good now.
    oldschoolsig and Jonneh like this.
    09-09-2015 07:34 PM
    Just to update everyone, I noticed the dbm was going way off when compared to the usual. However, I wonder if there was recent tower work being done or something, because the problem hasn't really presented itself much since that week.
    I'm keeping my eye on it.

-Posted via the Android Central App on my G4-
    09-12-2015 02:22 PM
    In case you were using WiFi in the buildings, you may want to consider the "Aggressive WiFi to cellular handover" in Developer Options.

Posted via the Android Central App
    sswitzer likes this.
    09-12-2015 02:45 PM
    In case you were using WiFi in the buildings, you may want to consider the "Aggressive WiFi to cellular handover" in Developer Options.

Posted via the Android Central App
    http://android.stackexchange.com/que...veloper-settin
    09-17-2015 05:52 PM