LGG4 won't connect to LG Bridge

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I installed LG Bridge on my PC to check for the update but the phone wont connect to it. When I plug the phone in, autoplay runs and I can open files on the phone but LG Bridge won't find the phone! Any ideas? I just got a Bridge notification that an update is available for my phone but I'm not sure if it is the one I am looking for or just a random notification but I'd like to plug in and check it out.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I installed LG Bridge on my PC to check for the update but the phone wont connect to it. When I plug the phone in, autoplay runs and I can open files on the phone but LG Bridge won't find the phone! Any ideas? I just got a Bridge notification that an update is available for my phone but I'm not sure if it is the one I am looking for or just a random notification but I'd like to plug in and check it out.

Read through this thread, http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/574873-just-installed-lg-bridge.html -- there maybe a helpful hint or two. If you manage to figure it out, please let me know with a reply... I'd love to add a thread to the Common Issues & Solutions sticky for LG Bridge, but I haven't seen any consistent solutions yet.

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have been through that thread. I even tried ending all LG processes running on my PC and hooked up again with no luck. I just can't get Bridge to see my phone! The PC see's it fine without Bridge so I know the cable is good.

drwsr60

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
You need to turn on USB debugging. Tap build number seven times to enable developer options. USB debugging will be under developer options.

Carl_L

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Here's what's working for me every time:

(That linked thread is important for 1st time use as the drivers do have to be installed 1st time around)

What I realised is that, once you 'close' the bridge, it doesn't actually fully close it - you need to either restart your computer or close it by right-clicking in the system tray (I think it's sitting idle waiting for auto-launch next time you connect via USB but it doesn't work).

Once you're sure it has been properly closed, connect via USB (MTP) & allow the connection BEFORE launching LG Bridge

I'm aware that you can get spurious flukes as it's a bit inconsistent, but I've just tried repeating this (>close from system tray>connect via USB>launch Bridge) & had 10 successful connections on the bounce.

Charlesander

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Did you solve the problem ?

1) You should not use the phone as USB data. In SD card & Phone storage, "Mass storage only" shouldn't be in use !

2) If your version of Android is lower than 6 Marshmellow, you should use older versions. LG Bridge 1.2.28, LG Bridge 1.2.24 and LG Bridge,.

I also need the old versions of LG Bridge, as my Android version is 1.5. Could someone help ?

Charlesander

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Hello ! My version of Android is lower than 6 Marshmellow and I should use older versions. I need the old versions of LG Bridge, as my Android version is 1.5. LG Bridge 1.2.28, LG Bridge 1.2.24 and LG Bridge.
Could someone help ? I need a link for downloading.