htc m8 or lg g4??? help

yourdrugrep

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in the htc forum as well and would love opinions.....I have a unique issue with insurance as I lost my One m7 and the replacement they sent me is not what I like so they are sending me a m8 and an LG G4. Love the leather back but not necessarily the size of the G4, but held it in store and it did not seem as big as advertised. I loved my m7 and hate to stray. Feedback on the m8? Go for the m8 or the G4 which is a year older? Help!!!

HiiPower

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
If camera is important to you at all, go with the G4. Aside from camera, the M8 is/was a really solid phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up a G4, coming from a moto x 2nd Gen. I was worried about the size of the G4, but it doesn't seem any bigger than my Moto x to handle, but I do notice and like the bigger screen. And yes the camera is amazing. The phone and software are also great.

8livesleft

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Yes the slight curve makes this more pocketable and easier to handle vs other straight slab phones.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I have the M8 and I upgraded to the G4 just 2 months ago and I LOVE it.... There so many backing options that I can do. If photos are your thing.... The G4 is the one you want.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
G4 over any HTC one. I actually bought the M9 first, but returned it for the G4 and it's much better. Camera has been mentioned, I'd throw in battery life as well, it was pretty bad on the M9 and I don't think the M8 is better.

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
LG G4 definitely for me too....the H815 unlocked version...the best phone I have ever had!!!!

Posted from my LG G4

yourdrugrep

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Thank y'all! Insurance sent me the m8 and the g4 should be here Tues. I went to the ATT store today and really liked the g4. The black leather back was sweet and that's what they are sending me. Looks like the m8 is going to be sent back!

FrankieA

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I had an M7, then got an M8, then bought an M9. Loved the M7/M8, but M9 was just bleh. Hardly an upgrade over the M8 and didn't feel very different.

I then decided to pick up an LG G4, and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it - in particular the camera! My god, those the M8/M9 don't even come close! I think the stock HTC Sense software is a bit snappier though.

Gabriel619

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
The M8 is a very good phone. You can't really go wrong with upgrading from an M7 to an M8. But being a prior M8 and M9 owner, I can say that the G4 is a better phone than both.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I had an HTC One M7, then an M8, and I think my G4 beats them both. Camera, battery (and the fact it's replaceable), screen size, and device size are all great. I was thinking this would be a lot bigger than the M8, but it isn't.

The only things I miss from HTC are the speakers, the design, and the last version of HTC Sense. But it wasn't enough to overcome all the positives of the G4. I'm totally satisfied!

Sent from my Sprint LG G4 using Tapatalk.

yourdrugrep

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Thank y'all. The G4 arrives tomorrow. From what I have read, it is the way to go. Not a big phone fan, but holding it at the ATT store this weekend, it did not seem too big. Plus the leather back does look cool. The hardware, camera, and screen seem impressive. Thank y'all for the feedback!!

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I had an M7,M8 then M9, I always loved HTC phones but the last 2 years they did an horrible job evolving compared to others (same screens, horrible camera,same design...) got my G4 not so long ago and I like it more than both M8 and M9.
I am still using some ported HTC apps like the Car app as it really is well done, so no I am not regretting to swap my M9 with G4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke